Sign in to follow this  
anthonyj238

email alerts fail.

Hi

After several emails to the seller of a camera i have bought, he is only offering me to return but i would like to get it set up. I am really struggling with email alerts settings, can anyone help me ? I have tried gmail and set up new yahoo email in case gmail was an issue. I have attached images. I haven't just tried port 25. I have tried port 587, 465, SSL, TLS and STARTLS in encrypt... I have also on gmail Allow less secure apps: ON.

Can anyone offer any support so i can use the camera and not cost me money to return. I just keep getting test server fail

Kind regards

Anthony

30530686_548313252222053_1353197457411932160_o.thumb.jpg.766e00972c93a3ee3a3ef67be137959c.jpg

30530977_548314402221938_145278892284837888_o.thumb.jpg.1075d8fdc8157dc1765959ff977d5386.jpg

Hi

After several emails to the seller of a camera i have bought, he is only offering me to return but i would like to get it set up. I am really struggling with email alerts settings, can anyone help me ? I have tried gmail and set up new yahoo email in case gmail was an issue. I have attached images. I haven't just tried port 25. I have tried port 587, 465, SSL, TLS and STARTLS in encrypt... I have also on gmail Allow less secure apps: ON.

Can anyone offer any support so i can use the camera and not cost me money to return. I just keep getting test server fail

Kind regards

Anthony

My best guess, is port forwarding set up on the router and modem? Are the pictures of the app used to control the camera or did you direct connect to the cameras ip address? More information on what the camera is, how its set up would be helpful

Gmail and Yahoo are the issue. If you want to send emails with a free provider, you will have to keep trying/looking around, they won't make it easy for you, since they do not care about those who want to send emails using SMTP.

Port forwarding has nothing to do with it.

Hi. Are you trying to set this up on your mobile device ?

Yeah on iphone with the app camhi and then you con access it on wifi and get alerts via emails.

In further reading, a possible Gmail fix could be this https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

(you have to be logged in to the account first.

Information pulled from this website https://www.hkvstar.com/technology-news/motion-detection-email-alarm-setting-for-ip-camera-dvr-nvr.html

Morning yeah i have that already selected. sorry for delay. i was working.

Camera itself is a prikim ip camera which i bought of ebay. I was returning it to seller but want to get it working. having loads of issues with kids damaging cars recently.

Hi. Cut your losses.

If from eBay and from China seller ... You are going to have more costs

Cost of sending back registered is more than camera is worth

Don't get caught in the sending back to China crap.

You are also on a P2P China server .... Which is we're your recordings are kept

Not what you meant to hear but if you buy crap that's all you have.

You bought the camera ..... DONT spend to send it back

Hi. Cut your losses.

If from eBay and from China seller ... You are going to have more costs

Cost of sending back registered is more than camera is worth

Don't get caught in the sending back to China crap.

You are also on a P2P China server .... Which is we're your recordings are kept

Not what you meant to hear but if you buy crap that's all you have.

You bought the camera ..... DONT spend to send it back

Yeah suppose you get what you pay for... He sent me a refund anyway said dont need to return it... which tells its own story...so may just use it as a dummy one. Thank you all for your help anyway. Need to do some research into whats best for my budget.

A lot of ifs, and may not work, but if that camera has mjpeg as it's format, and if you want to try to get it to work you could try yawcam software for computers. It's free and has motion detection. A very quick Google search says it may work with some iP cameras. I use it on USB cameras and it worked alright. Who knows. All depends if your like me and hate to give up money or just like convenience.