Sign in to follow this  
gatwickajmes

watch on one screen all camera, other screen just 1

SO i set up a new CCTV system in my local pizza shop this weekend.

a hikvison 16 channel system

Before he had a 8 camera old swan install that was super video to a dvd/vhs combo for recording ( yes that old ) that also was split to a small tv near the tills showing the till camera to show customers on CCTV.

So i have the unit HDMI to a 32inch Sony TV in the office. It is on the 1-7 set up as 3 of the cameras he doesn't need to see all the time. He asked is there a way to show just one camera again on the other TV near the tills. I see if i connect a VGA to other one, it shows whats on the Sony. This of course was something i guess as just sending the same feed to both screens.

any way to split what can be seen?

Some DVRs have spot monitor out, which you can set up to a different view than the main monitor.

Other DVRs can only show a duplicate of the main monitor.

And other DVRs only have the one monitor output.

This new Hikvision system, is it analog/TVI/AHD or IP?

I have seen AHD to HDMI converters with loopthrough (same AHD signal output), so you could hook monitor #2 to a camera signal before it enters the DVR.

Bet those exist for TVI as well.

If the Hikvision system is IP, just set up a micro PC on that other monitor, streaming with your internet browser.

Hi. This is only for a public view .

Just go for the cheap option .... you have a camera already viewing the area .... so just get a turret 960h camera and go direct to the monitor ... no need to record it