Sign in to follow this  
jfsoto1988

Can BNC Cables be painted with outdoor house paint?

I was wondering if its safe to paint BNC cables to make them a bit more discreet.

Instead of running the cables through the attic, I just drilled a hole and inserted a PVC pipe and recessed wall plate so the BNC cables could pass from my bedroom where my DVR is located to outside, then they travel up to the roof eaves along a line of cable clamps screwed to PVC pipes. I don't have outdoor power outlets, so NVR & IP Cameras are out of the picture for the moment.

Would heat from the sun cause the paint to eat the insulation over time? I purchased HD BNC Cables from Amazon and they seem to be a bit thicker than the regular BNC cables. Also, I have the connections wrapped in electrical tape to prevent dust and moisture from rusting them.

I painted the PVC pipes and cable clamps to match the color of the outdoor concrete walls.

don't have outdoor power outlets, so NVR & IP Cameras are out of the picture for the moment.

Why do you need power outdoors for nvr .... you don’t need power for your dvr so why think you do for nvr.

HD cables from amazon I doubt are even coax so just paint them