Sign in to follow this  
jayppatel

Verifone Topaz POS

I know this is kind of a old topic, but one of my clients has a Sapphire/ Topaz set up and they were previously using RTSentry for their analog cameras with two POS overlays.

I am having him upgrade to Hikvision, which has support for POS overlay, however it does not seem to show up.

I was trying to use the COM settings from the old DVR, but that computer does not even turn on (hence the upgrade). I did print out the settings from the POS terminals (his COM5 shows 19200 n .

I do know that he is pushing from the COM5 port and then using the null modem to convert to RS232. I purchased a RS232 to USB to plug into the NVR but this has not worked.

Lastly I have tried to plug the DB9 into a computer with serial connection and use PUTTY, but nothing shows up on the settings listed.

Much thanks.

I just did a POS for topaz using ave equipment. you hook up to port 5 on the register and run cat5 to the AVE box you do have to have the topaz system port programmed correctly and will probably have to have the cash register company do that.

I just did a POS for topaz using ave equipment. you hook up to port 5 on the register and run cat5 to the AVE box you do have to have the topaz system port programmed correctly and will probably have to have the cash register company do that.

The previous installation had set up port5 and used the cat5 cable with a null modem set up on the end connecting into the old DVR.

I searched the drive to find the install files and found the settings to be 9600 8 n 1 with no flow control. I did see the program file use the EPSON (TM-U950) to read the POS.

I was trying to see if the text would insert itself into the PUTTY terminal with these settings, but to no avail. I feel like I am missing a very small detail!

Any suggestions?

the AVE box had to be set as emulating a journal printer not the epson receipt printer. Do not know if this helps as the AVE box does most of the work did you try hyperterminal to read output from cash register.