Sign in to follow this  
1advanced

Microphone issue! Please recommend what to do!

I'm trying to connect a microphone to my DS-2CD764FWD-EZ camera. I tried 2 different ones but getting static loud noise.

I think the amperage is too high, one of the microphones (DS-2FP4021-B) shows to take 45mA. I tried to use a supply from an old analog security camera, it had 1200mA.

I am looking all over for 45mA supply but can't seem to find one. Or maybe the camera converts mA to what it needs? Or it has to be 45mA or below?

Anyways looking for suggestions. I need to set this up asap. Appreciate any help with this.

By the way usually in security cameras I can plugin wires in green connector, but this has standard audio jack such as in headphones or speakers, I tried to split one and use it and also bought one that is designed for making such cable. I tried plugging in the white cable in center and that is when noise comes in. But this connector is designed for 2 cables. The microphone only has the red and black connectors for power and audio has only 1.

By the way if I speak loud I can hear what I say from the security camera connected, but the noise is way too loud so can hear it barely.