Sign in to follow this  
denzx09

GV-1120,1240,1480 v2.01

hello all im wondering if someone could help me with this card i bought it second hand so it only came as a pci card pictures included in this post, im trying to install software on windows 10 but it wont have any of it at all its picking it up as a multimedia card and just wont install the drivers ive tried all sorts so now asking for the pro's to help me, thanks in advance

DSC_0001.JPG.b3b005bc18634c2342dd16f68ece27ff.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG.c2957f9886162fa0b53ba40319e4f473.JPG

288732768_sysinfo.PNG.338f22af9b3398f5d81d994efe49f438.PNG

Hi. We have been throwing these cards away for past 3 years.

Why waste your time on 12 year old analog ......you have already found out it is no longer supported.

well im new to all this ive only just bought it i know nothing about cctv im a home user and only need it for my 4 outside cameras on my home

well im new to all this ive only just bought it i know nothing about cctv im a home user and only need it for my 4 outside cameras on my home

I would give up on the card . With only using 4 cameras your best option is a dvr.

You will have better reliability..... You don't need to keep your PC on .........and with a dvr you can change your existing cameras later as most DVRs now with take analog and halogen HD.

yup ive had now 3 dvr's and they have all packed up on me thats why i wanna go pc way i got spare pc for it

Well if your not looking for remote viewing or alerts. Use your old pc but just in cost alone on adding hd space for the partition

Also your card has no hologram..... which was standard 12 years ago so buyers knew if bought a China copy or genuine geo.

You have had 3 dvrs ...... well that depends on what make .... there has been a lot of rubbish over the years

And also depends on there install ... 3 gone bad could also be bad location .... not enough cooling / something bad with power feed / or a bad camera

Buy a new dvr with support and warranty ....... it will be cheaper than messing about with an old D1 low FPS pci card

yup ive had now 3 dvr's and they have all packed up on me thats why i wanna go pc way i got spare pc for it

Well if your not looking for remote viewing or alerts. Use your old pc but just in cost alone on adding hd space for the partition

Also your card has no hologram..... which was standard 12 years ago so buyers knew if bought a China copy or genuine geo.

You have had 3 dvrs ...... well that depends on what make .... there has been a lot of rubbish over the years

And also depends on there install ... 3 gone bad could also be bad location .... not enough cooling / something bad with power feed / or a bad camera

Buy a new dvr with support and warranty ....... it will be cheaper than messing about with an old D1 low FPS pci card

ok thank you for the advice thing is i never know what to buy to be honest thats ebay for you and they all seem crap but then there is the really expensive ones so i get a little lost the last dvr cost me 100 quid i went for a little more expense but thats now playing up, i want somet that will only record when movement is detected but dont wanna spend loads and loads on one so any advice will be great

i do have another card which is

Hikvision DS-4004H PCI

is this a old one 2? cos i cant seem to get this working either lol

DSC_0003.JPG.72ed83c1374b5a98f37f64c650c2742f.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG.f67baa3c8d7a303e2d84ecd75ce25bf6.JPG

so i got a email back from geovision as i emailed them before i came on this site so if anyone else has one of these cards the links may help you 2

Dear Dean,

Thank you for your e-mail to GeoVision Support.

From the bar code provided, it shows the video capture card is our GV1120D card.

This is our first generation combo card series and in order to install the video capture card,

please check and make sure a 32 bit version Windows is used.

The video capture card is compatible with our latest software version that is available to download via the link below.

Driver:

http://54.200.75.24/english/EncodeUrl3.aspx?source=http://dlcdn.geovision.com.tw/Software/FreeAP/Driver.zip

Software:

http://54.200.75.24/english/EncodeUrl3.aspx?source=http://dlcdn.geovision.com.tw/Software/DVD/Paid/DVR.zip

For any further question, you may contact us again at support@geovision.com.tw

Thank you for your e-mail to GeoVision.

Best regards,

GeoVision Technical Support

Harry