Sign in to follow this  
loll_l

Internal IP address keeps changing on Digiview DVR

Hi,

I have a fairly old Digiview DVR system which I set up with a static internal IP address of 198.162.0.20 …. everything works fine for while but then, bizarrely, every couple of weeks or so the DVR changes it's IP address to 198.162.1.20! This means I have to manually change the IP back to 198.162.0.20 to be able to access it remotely again!....

I have had this problem for around 4/5 years - ever since the CCTV system was set up. In the past I've always just gone back and changed the IP back manually but I'm getting a bit fed up of doing this now....

Can anyone tell me how I can stop the DVR from changing its static IP? I used to think it reset itself when power to the DVR was lost (ie. if we had a power cut or switched the electricity off) but it turns out that this is not the case - it just seems to do it when it feels like it - like it has a mind of it's own!

This is a long shot at best. Make sure the dvr IP is outside of the routers range of dhcp addresses. It is possible that the router does not see the address assigned to the dvr due to power out or something, qnd their may be something wrong with how the dvr sets a static IP.