Sign in to follow this  
quovadisuk

Can anyone help me set up a DVR using Virgin media Hub 3

Can anyone guide me through the process of firstly syncing a DVR with my virgin media HUB 3 router and network and then how to port forward the DVR for remote viewing on a PC

My main issue is that the DVR has come with default settings in the set up menu .. I am not sure what I need to do to sync this with my network/router .....Can anyone tell me how to do this in very simple terms .... Although I can change any settings in the DVR it shows :

Card : Wire Netcard

an unchecked box with DHCP

IP address :

Subnet box :

Gateway:

Primary DNS :

Secondary DNS :

Media Port :

HTTP port :

Transfer policy : ( this relates to quality )

All these titles are pre -populated but what I need to know how Do I sync this DVR by changing the values of these titles to match the requirements of the router or network to allow me to start port forwarding the DVR to enable me to log in and access the DVR from anywhere to check the cameras and recordings ?

Once this is done can anyone guide me what settings I need to apply to the Hub 3 to enable me to access the DVR

It really would be appreciated if you could break these instructions down to easy to follow steps please ... Thank you in advance for any support you kindly offer

I am able to access the router OK , but just not familiar with this new router and what settings to use to start setting up the DVR correctly ... Kind regards