tesc_cctvpro

HDcctv Cards

In the initial evolution of analog CCTV we started with capture cards and evolved to stand alone/embedded devices.

Can anybody here see any application or advantage of a 4 channel HD-SDI (HDcctv) capture card at around $400.

There are both standalone DVRs and PC cards for HDcctv... no idea how $400 ranks in their general price scheme, though, whether it's a good price or not (compared to other HDcctv products).

There are both standalone DVRs and PC cards for HDcctv... no idea how $400 ranks in their general price scheme, though, whether it's a good price or not (compared to other HDcctv products).

I reckon it's the average price. Given that when we started with CCTV a good harwdare compression card of 4 channels cost $400 and some still do today?

There is no way I am even imagining that a HDcctv standalone has any place in the market currently. But could anybody think of a situation where a setup like this could be used. $400 capture card, HDcctv cameras could probably be picked up for $200-$250 each.....

I can see a big advantage price. Everfocus just released their standalone 8 channel hdcctv for

6 grand crazy !

I can see a big advantage price. Everfocus just released their standalone 8 channel hdcctv for

6 grand crazy !

Great, I think that's where my entry to Hdcctv is to begin --- I am going to start a project to get a demo setup in my offices and then let my customers take it from there.

@Rory --- I see Dahua has also released an HDcctv 4 channel capture card ---- any idea on pricing, TVT will also soon release their HDcctv offering....these are the guys that are going to drive down the costs of Hdcctv.

6 grand crazy !

Great, I think that's where my entry to Hdcctv is to begin --- I am going to start a project to get a demo setup in my offices and then let my customers take it from there.

@Rory --- I see Dahua has also released an HDcctv 4 channel capture card ---- any idea on pricing, TVT will also soon release their HDcctv offering....these are the guys that are going to drive down the costs of Hdcctv.

Is the Everfocus HDcctv compliant? I don't see the HDcctv logo anywhere on the cut sheet.

http://www.everfocus.com/downloads/product_spec/HD%20CCTV/P63-64_ParagonHD.pdf

Also I have a flyer on my desk for a 4 channel SDI dvr for $649

I'll have to keep my out for this logo in the future, On the hdcctv alliance website they

do list everfocus as a particpating member. Kool Info

6 grand crazy !

Of course, recording HDcctv isn't the same as recording an IP stream - you can't just throw together a bottom-of-the-barrel machine and expect it to handle any number of HDcctv cameras, since all the compression has to be done by the DVR. Probably accounts for most of the price difference between the standalones and the cards.

6 grand crazy !

Of course, recording HDcctv isn't the same as recording an IP stream - you can't just throw together a bottom-of-the-barrel machine and expect it to handle any number of HDcctv cameras, since all the compression has to be done by the DVR. Probably accounts for most of the price difference between the standalones and the cards.

Hardware cards will do most of the hard work!

JD

Netvision also has a 4ch real time capture card; 1080p 25/30fps, HD-SDI inputs, one HDMI output.

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ProductInfo.asp?id=99&n=1

That will probably be a Dahua card --- I will check with them on the pricing!@

Could be. They also told me about their DG4208HF and DG4216HF cards (8ch and 16ch D1 real time), which would compete with Hikvision DS-4208HFVI and DS-4216HFVI (at a cheaper price); they can even be used toguether on the same computer with Netvision software.

"And very glad to introduce our new cards to you which can work with Hikvision cards in one PC system with our software. The new cards are designed to compete with DS-42xxHFV cards. According to our testing, the image quality is even better than DS-42xxHFV. And our new DG42xxHF cards have multi-splits, while DS-42xxHFV only single screen. Enclosed the specification. For more details, please contact me."

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ProductInfo.asp?id=100

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ProductInfo.asp?id=101&n=1

I have not yet tried any Netvision PCi card, so I can not vouch for them.

Netvision also has a 4ch real time capture card; 1080p 25/30fps, HD-SDI inputs, one HDMI output.

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ProductInfo.asp?id=99&n=1

That will probably be a Dahua card --- I will check with them on the pricing!@

Could be. They also told me about their DG4208HF and DG4216HF cards (8ch and 16ch D1 real time), which would compete with Hikvision DS-4208HFVI and DS-4216HFVI (at a cheaper price); they can even be used toguether on the same computer with Netvision software.

"And very glad to introduce our new cards to you which can work with Hikvision cards in one PC system with our software. The new cards are designed to compete with DS-42xxHFV cards. According to our testing, the image quality is even better than DS-42xxHFV. And our new DG42xxHF cards have multi-splits, while DS-42xxHFV only single screen. Enclosed the specification. For more details, please contact me."

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ProductInfo.asp?id=100

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ProductInfo.asp?id=101&n=1

I have not yet tried any Netvision PCi card, so I can not vouch for them.

Yep that will be Dahua cards -

Yep that will be Dahua cards -

Nice, do you know what would be the Dahua models equivalent to DG4208HF and DG4216HF?

I did see them on youtube exhibition video , but not off the cuff!

In the initial evolution of analog CCTV we started with capture cards and evolved to stand alone/embedded devices.

Actually it was the other way around.

We evolved to capture cards as the software and hardware got better.

Actually it was the other way around.

We evolved to capture cards as the software and hardware got better.

Strangely enough the US and those areas, seemed to adopt embedded devices way earlier than here in South Africa ---- Standalone Devices only captured the majority share in South Africa around 2009 - I think at that time Standalone devices had a 70% penetration in most other markets.

Presumably, they should support recording at a full 30fps... the reality may depend on the individual design.

forgive the newbie question, but do these HD cards have any acceptable level of framerate?

another HD question

whats the comparison with HDcctv storage to analogue ?

for example i get 75 days on 1.3 tB from 8 cameras on 720 x 576

what would HD storage requirements be on comparison

do we have HD cams yet with good night time IR resolution in zero light ?

i have looked at a couple from emailed promotions but they only had 0.2 - 0.5 lux minimum where i want 0.005 levels with clear night vision to 20 - 30 meters like i currently get on my analogue cams.

thankyou folks.

forgive the newbie question, but do these HD cards have any acceptable level of framerate?

another HD question

whats the comparison with HDcctv storage to analogue ?

for example i get 75 days on 1.3 tB from 8 cameras on 720 x 576

what would HD storage requirements be on comparison

As with analog AND IP, it's difficult to give an exact estimate, because the actual space used will vary greatly with at least a half-dozen different factors, some of which are user-configurable... meaning you can control the space vs. quality balance.

Consider though, that your resolutions are 1280x720 (720p) and 1920x1080 (1080p), so you're looking at images anywhere from two to four times the size right there.

i have looked at a couple from emailed promotions but they only had 0.2 - 0.5 lux minimum where i want 0.005 levels

HDcctv cameras have the same problem as IP megapixel cameras in this regard: as the number of pixels goes up, for a given sensor size (1/3" or 1/2", typically), the pixels themselves get smaller, and thus can collect less light.

with clear night vision to 20 - 30 meters like i currently get on my analogue cams.

That will be more a function of the IR illuminators used. Keep in mind that NONE of these cameras are giving you true "night vision" - they're just cameras with a built-in flashlight, except the flashlight is using light just on the red fringe of the visible spectrum, rather than white light.

i have looked at a couple from emailed promotions but they only had 0.2 - 0.5 lux minimum where i want 0.005 levels

HDcctv cameras have the same problem as IP megapixel cameras in this regard: as the number of pixels goes up, for a given sensor size (1/3" or 1/2", typically), the pixels themselves get smaller, and thus can collect less light.

thankyou for your quality guidance there

The storage angle is okay , i would only have to double the storage to still have acceptable capacity ( cheap to do these days ).

The lack of clear night vision though puts them out of my consideration on that fact alone , we dont always have partial illumination from street lights as most city environments have.

best wishes

Can anybody here see any application or advantage of a 4 channel HD-SDI (HDcctv) capture card at around $400.

ILDVR has 4ch HD-SDI interface DVR card, the model is IL3004HR, one PC supports 4 cards, that means 16ch HD DVR.

ArnoldW[/b]"]

ILDVR has 4ch HD-SDI interface DVR card, the model is IL3004HR, one PC supports 4 cards, that means 16ch HD DVR.

Are you Arnold Wei ?

from DVl....