Rhea

HD-SDI cameras

Anybody has come across these cameras? These give megapix pictures.... Will these cams work on a DVR (Dahua 1U.... ) or.. a HD SDI DVR is necessary to get most of these cams? At present I have regular Effio 700Tv line cams...

Also a question about Pixim Seawolf cameras....My present cams do not work excellent with bright light.. etc.. Trying to get a better quality...

Dahua is a Chinese manufacturer and some of its models do support HDSDI. 1U is only rack size unit. So its hard to say.

SDI products are approximately 30% more expensive than IP solutions and 120% more expensive that analogue Effio high end solutions.

SDI is a totally different story, analogue is not even close to it. SDI is a digital signal. And uncompressed, so no latency, no delay. No compression artefacts too in live preview. The only common thing about analogue and SDI is cable - You use coaxial cables in both installations.

If You just want to expand Your existing system by few SDI cameras, I'd say look for hybrid SDI DVR.

But in my opinion hybrid is a temporary solution. If I want to go megapixel, but still economic, I'd go IP. Sunell cameras, NUUO PC software.

Oh and as for Pixim cameras - perhaps You should try Effio-S D-WDR technology? I.e. SN-BXC59/40CDN

Edited by Guest

Anybody has come across these cameras? These give megapix pictures.... Will these cams work on a DVR (Dahua 1U.... ) or.. a HD SDI DVR is necessary to get most of these cams?

An SDI-capable DVR is required to use these cameras AT ALL. They WILL NOT work with a standard DVR.

SDI is a totally different story, analogue is not even close to it. SDI is a digital signal. And uncompressed, so no latency, no delay. No compression artefacts too in live preview.

But, the video must still be compressed for storage, so the benefits over IP end right there.

SDI cameras are currently limited to 2MP (1080p) as well.