luimac

Unique Request and not sure which way to go

Hey all,

I have a customer with a condo on the 37 floor. Has a wonderful view of Downtown. He is about 4 miles away. He asked for a HD camera, mountable, with HDMI out and a great zoom in order to view as much detail as possible of Downtown. Can any of you recommend a solid camera?

I do not know of a single Megapixel camera with an HDMI port, they simply don't work like that. Is this going to be used for any type of security or surveillance? Does he want it recorded? As for the zoom, I would say 20x or better. Most of the nicer ones are 32 or 37x zoom, but you are going to need to output this camera to something. Either a computer or an NVR, both of which would have the HDMI he is asking for.

I am thinking that to get the type of camera you are talking about, that will ensure a very high quality image and a smooth mechanism for pan, tilt and zoom functions, you will be in the $1500 to $3000 range just for the camera.

Thanks for the response. This is more for scenic views then true security. They want to be able to see landmarks mostly. I'll keep researching just want something good.

Thanks for the response. This is more for scenic views then true security. They want to be able to see landmarks mostly. I'll keep researching just want something good.

Easy

1.HD-SDI PTZ

2.HD-SDI to HDMI Converter

u done

Easy

1.HD-SDI PTZ

u done

Yup, that could work!

Easy

1.HD-SDI PTZ

u done

Yup, that could work!

Not "could" it does work

I have a feeling the 'scenic' view he wants to see is the lady that walks around naked in the building 1/2 mile away! LOL! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />