suzook

HD-SDI Trade offs vs IP

the menu system shot is from my monitor. I am planning to do a run through of each menu option and sub menus.

Principally its the night image that is causing me the most grief. It actually worse looking than my D1 cameras which is a surprise.

the image is quite degraded and a lot of noise.

Be back with shots of the menu system

Any picture to show the image from the camera, only snapshots from the dvr. Menu no big deal- take a pic of the monitor. But not camera images- that needs to be real snap shots.

yes what I am showing you is a direct feed from the dvr displayed on monitor.

Here is the menu system. I started with Lens and worked my way through. I think photobucket uploaded them in reverse order though so the

very last picture is actually the first menu to come up and so on

I am going to do a link to the library of pictures because there are too many to upload here.

http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/galeic1/slideshow/camera%20pics

yes what I am showing you is a direct feed from the dvr displayed on monitor.

Not to get picky, but your sample images showing what the camera sees needs to be a snapshot taken within the DVR software. Not from a digi camera taking a pic of the image on the monitor. Your earlier sample night picture was a picture from a digital camera taking a picture of the monitor. This I know, and is not an acceptable sample image to diagnose. To do so just for the menu pictures is fine. You have a long series of menu tweaking shots. It's obvious to see what happens when you tweak the settings right? It takes a lot of trial and error to dial in every camera for the best picture between day and night. It would be easier for you to try dialing it in than it would be for a back and forth here. And then every camera would be different because of differences in available light. Some might even be better in day mode all the time, if there's lots of light in the immediate area. It would be very tough to say exactly what would help each shot. Trial and error on your part. Also, you didn't mention how you're powering the cameras. Are they getting sufficient power? Long runs to the cameras involved here? Something is way wrong with that ticking, that's for sure. That spells a short life span if not fixed. Anyway, good luck.

I understand and appreciate your comments.

The challenge with these bloody cameras is all the settings are outside at the camera and makes trial and error quite a pain in the butt.

I was hoping someone could scan the menu and say stick with these basic settings. Not expecting miracles but I have to believe that

the menus are there to dial them in but beyond my level of comprehension.

If I could just clean up the night image a little they would be workable.

As for the clicking, I believe its the IR reacting to the light and I am going to do a factory reset again.

One more question. The Lens has three options, manual, video and dc. Any idea which is best?

Here's some reading that could help with those settings. And I do appreciate what you're saying about adjusting being a pain. No way around it if you need to tweak things though, unless your cameras have 485 and you ran lines for that.

http://www.axis.com/products/video/camera/about_cameras/iris.htm

Since you have no docs at all, maybe some of this pdf can help some too

http://www.eclipsecctv.com/OSD-security-camera-578-explanations.html

shock, I really appreciate it. you and everyone else have been so very helpful.

Want to fly down to Orlando on my dime to tweak

well I think I made some headway to night.

I set up a camera in my office and just played with settings.

The NR does help a good amount. I also realize now when you said tight focus.

I dial the cameras in night mode to be ever so slightly out of focus (with still looking good)

and when the lights come on the focus is almost perfect. I guess thats the trade off....

So the tweaking continues and I am thankful I found you all for help and moral support....

P.S. can we embed pics here with img code?

Great! The more you get to know about the settings and what they do, the quicker it'll go up there on the ladder! Just make sure you see how movement is with any slow shutter speed or NR in play. You want it to be less noisy, but still show no blurring when there's movement in the shot. You can embedd pics but the best way is to take snapshots within your dvr software, and then use the attach function when posting. This way it just uploads and you don't have to worry about linking to photobucket or anything.

love the fast response. I did leave the shutter to auto as once I moved it to other settings the picture got a little wonky.

I am curious to see how it looks in daylight hours........ more tinkering !!!!!

Just be aware that inside in a room will be easier to get a good picture. It may be totally different and harder outside. You're learning what the settings will do, but it may need more work outside. Ideally, if you can temp mount a camera outside a window you can get a real feel for what the settings will do out there. You should also try the lens setting of video or DC and see what that does, and see if either of those settings cures the ticking.

Hello,

just like Suzook, I bought hd-sdi cameras and hd-sdi dvr from China ( LsVision) and I am also disappointed Daylight pictures are much better than D1 but night time pictures are "uncontrasted grey"

I am mostly disppointed by the primitive DVR and its poor search fonction possibilities. See my post "Everfocus 16 ch DVR " in this section.

I still believe cameras are not as bad and picture can be improved using better settings. The first thing I will change is the DVR. What do you think about the Everfocus 16 ch I want to buy? I already bought from SCT and I trust them. Many people here are using Dahua dvr. I have only found them for sale on Alibaba Is Dahua a better choice? Are there any UK reseller ?

I thank you for guiding me.

Greetings to all from Belgium.

Camomille