View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: HDCVI video
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:24 pm 

I used several HDSDI cameras, and a single HDCVI PTZ camera mounted about 150 feet from the stage. I used a DH-TP2105 to convert the signal into HDMI and then fed that into a frame rate converter (output was 60 frames, all other cams were @ 1080p25) then into a blackmagic 4K switcher along with the four other hdSDI cameras, You can see the results here http://carnavalmiami.tv.

My question is: there was a bit of a delay from the HDCVI, I am trying to see if that was due to the frame rate converter or if it is inherent in HDCVI, with usual applications the slight delay would not be an issue but with several cameras and music it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:01 pm 

There could not be delay for HD-CVI processing, itself.
The Chipset for HD CVI does not carry any buffers(DRAM memory) to hold and delay. But its front end ISP chipset may carry a dram for 3D noise reduction processing. Or its back end CoDec(say, H.264) must have DRAMs for compressing video data and displaying videos. Meanwhile, audio does not need much delay for processing. In general, audio arrives and plays earlier than video. So a slight delaying of audio can synchronize to video being displayed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:08 pm 

opsysmiami wrote:
I used several HDSDI cameras, and a single HDCVI PTZ camera mounted about 150 feet from the stage. I used a DH-TP2105 to convert the signal into HDMI and then fed that into a frame rate converter (output was 60 frames, all other cams were @ 1080p25) then into a blackmagic 4K switcher along with the four other hdSDI cameras, You can see the results here http://carnavalmiami.tv.

My question is: there was a bit of a delay from the HDCVI, I am trying to see if that was due to the frame rate converter or if it is inherent in HDCVI, with usual applications the slight delay would not be an issue but with several cameras and music it is.

Nice video! But which clip is CVI & which is SDI? When I view livestream very jerky so did not bother to compare. Also, why don't you just use SDI PTZ. The converter is so much cheaper. And camera also not much difference in price.

Note:Just notice the Blackmagic 4K takes SDI input so you don't need any converter

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5