View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: HDCVI video
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:22 pm 

Here's my comments on image quality, at least from a photographer's point of view;

- Color accuracy is pretty close to neutral with a slight magenta cast
- Compression artifacts are visible to naked eye, see if you have the option to reduce compression as may what's what you are calling noise.
- Noise - not seeing it but seeing some noise reduction taking place causing some blurring, typical of Dahua
- WDR - there are dark shadows that can be improved like the women getting out of the black car, there could be more detail in the shadows. But maybe overcritical as women dressed in a black Burca coming out of black car is not ideal.
- Resolution - not adequate to ID anyone, Burca aside, their heads are about 20-25 pixels tall, you need about a 5MP camera to maintain that field of view and get enough pixels to ID someone, but do not know if that's your goal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:14 am 

Hi there,

first of all: sorry for my bad english.

i was able to install my first hdcvi-kit. 4 different hdcvi cameras and the 8ch hdcvi-dvr.
qualitly compared to price: amazing
quality compared to ip or hd-sdi: nahh... hope they can improve it!
the idea is great (even if hikvision has something very similar), but i can see "ghosts" in my current hdcvi setup (which should occur).

if someone is more familiar with the german language he also can check out my site hdcvi.de, it try to translate everything and put it online there..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:24 am 

CCTV-Enthusiast wrote:
Hi there,

first of all: sorry for my bad english.

i was able to install my first hdcvi-kit. 4 different hdcvi cameras and the 8ch hdcvi-dvr.
qualitly compared to price: amazing
quality compared to ip or hd-sdi: nahh... hope they can improve it!
the idea is great (even if hikvision has something very similar), but i can see "ghosts" in my current hdcvi setup (which should occur).

if someone is more familiar with the german language he also can check out my site hdcvi.de, it try to translate everything and put it online there..

Welcome to the forum, your English is ok! Maybe you can share some clips or video if it does not intrude into your privacy! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:58 am 

About HDCVI
Must take care it and know it is a owner of DAIHUA
The distance can mach is around 30% more of HD-SDI but quality is more less of SDI

Need to take care also another problem SDI can mach big distance is the camera will connected with a good DVR if the DVR use a good reciver as SEMTECH with a good cable can make more of 260meter but if use with a DVR using a reciver from China MAGNISION to be sure also with a good cable can not go on 130-150 meter
Different is for HDCVI because only one chip as trasmiter and one for reciver and those are only from DAIHUA so the performance always are the best one

But for my opinio ude HDCVI is a big BIG risch because only DAIHUA have the control of the IC and the system , your bussiness will be connected only with daihua can't find other factory can make HDCVI ( or better can find but all have to buy the material from daihua )

HD-SDI is a open system you can change suplier and product also it is going to improve with HD-MSDI it can mach doblle distance of now and is compatible with HD-SDI

Frank2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:54 am 

About HDCVI
Must take care it and know it is a owner of DAIHUA
The distance can mach is around 30% more of HD-SDI but quality is more less of SDI

Need to take care also another problem SDI can mach big distance is the camera will connected with a good DVR if the DVR use a good reciver as SEMTECH with a good cable can make more of 260meter but if use with a DVR using a reciver from China MAGNISION to be sure also with a good cable can not go on 130-150 meter
Different is for HDCVI because only one chip as trasmiter and one for reciver and those are only from DAIHUA so the performance always are the best one

But for my opinio ude HDCVI is a big BIG risch because only DAIHUA have the control of the IC and the system , your bussiness will be connected only with daihua can't find other factory can make HDCVI ( or better can find but all have to buy the material from daihua )

HD-SDI is a open system you can change suplier and product also it is going to improve with HD-MSDI it can mach doblle distance of now and is compatible with HD-SDI

Frank2[/quote]

I do not agree with you, what do you mean by big risk? For HDCVI to succeed Dahua will sell their chips to every tom, dick & harry to flood the market which is what is happening right now. With the current HDCVI pricing there is no reason to sell 960h analog. HDCVI is low end. If you want to compare then HIK TVI & NExtchip AHP would be a better comparison. SDI is a different ball game all together. Here is a screen shot of the HDCVI with 4 cams.
http://postimg.org/image/lp4gwa6qb/full/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:07 pm 

Diahua, Hikvision, and all other chip suppliers are going for different their own standards. Compatibility is gone. Never expect greedy chinese players can compromise each other. Even though you may buy rather a better camera at a lower price, you may have to pay higher price for their own DVR. The end-users may need to be patient, not to risk their money.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:49 pm 

I've been lucky enough to have product tested just about every HDCVI model that Dahua has to offer at this time. I can't speak for the other manufacturers, but bottom line, the Dahua HDCVI line good buy for your money and the easiest sale to customers that I've ever made.

Is it as sharp as HD-SDI? No.

Does it come at half the price of HD-SDI? Yes.

Is the image quality damn good for the price? Hell yes.

ALso, HDCVI is also compatible with 1600ft runs over coax (for video) which beats the heck out of HD-SDI, and I can vouch for that.

The 2 megapixel models will be hitting the market soon from Dahua and that's all that HD-SDI really has over it right now. Also, I don't know what other peoples experience has been with HD-SDI, but I've seen more than a view quality control issues with manufacturers that I've never had a problem with before. I don't know if HD-SDI is just flaky or if QC has just taken a dump on itself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 pm 

Dear Don,

Just from pure curiosity, I tested HD-CVI Camera over a cheap CCTV cable running 200 meter (say , 600 feet). It starts to lose colors, and failing to lock the video. I guess when they state 500 meter (say 1600ft), it must be tested on a very good cable of no inductance or no capacitance.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 am 

My mistake. I should have mentioned that. You absolutely need to be using solid copper RG59.

The copper clad RG59 wasn't even something I tried during product testing as it wasn't recommended. Theoretically, I guess it might work up to 300ft, but I wouldn't bother wasting your time unless you've got a bunch of extra cable lying around.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:59 pm 

One more point I have to add, Don
The idea behind HD-SDI and HD-CVI, stuffs was to still use the old conventional cables that were already installed. And installers or end users should be more patient, I mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:41 pm 

Q-See actually has HDCVI system and it is sold at costco.com and they called it HD Analog system. The 8 cameras system 720P sold for 499.00 (Item #865574). The quality is pretty good and they have a video sample at costco.com too.
Here is the video sample link of the Q-See HD analog system
http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/cp ... .flash.flv

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:33 am 

Very informative thread.

"Q-See actually has HDCVI system and it is sold at costco.com and they called it HD Analog system. The 8 cameras system 720P sold for 499.00 (Item #865574). The quality is pretty good and they have a video sample at costco.com too.
http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/cp ... .flash.flv"

Well I purchased this system and I am pleased so far with the picture quality during the day of the cameras, however the night picture quality of the dome cameras are not as good as the bullet cams.

The model number of the dome camera is: QCA7202D

It is very noisy and I cant get the contrast right at night time. All the cameras have a fixed focal length of 3.6mm, 70-75 view angle so thats kinda of a bummer, would have rather had a mix of wide and tele. Im not sure if I am going to keep the system, still installing cameras at the moment. I found this thread searching for other "HD Analog" cameras and now I realize its a proprietary standard from this Daihau company, HDCVI. Perhaps I can find some other non Q-see cameras that provide a wider field of view, as thats what I really need/want for my porch.

Any one have any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:00 pm 

HD-CVI can not be used for a long distance over 50 Meter, if not for pure copper cable. But they keep claiming "upto 500 meter", in spite of the fact losing some colors. Some seem to cheat on others. We better wait for the technology getting matured, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:23 pm 

tonesmith wrote:
Very informative thread.

"Q-See actually has HDCVI system and it is sold at costco.com and they called it HD Analog system. The 8 cameras system 720P sold for 499.00 (Item #865574). The quality is pretty good and they have a video sample at costco.com too.
http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/cp ... .flash.flv"

Well I purchased this system and I am pleased so far with the picture quality during the day of the cameras, however the night picture quality of the dome cameras are not as good as the bullet cams.

The model number of the dome camera is: QCA7202D

It is very noisy and I cant get the contrast right at night time. All the cameras have a fixed focal length of 3.6mm, 70-75 view angle so thats kinda of a bummer, would have rather had a mix of wide and tele. Im not sure if I am going to keep the system, still installing cameras at the moment. I found this thread searching for other "HD Analog" cameras and now I realize its a proprietary standard from this Daihau company, HDCVI. Perhaps I can find some other non Q-see cameras that provide a wider field of view, as thats what I really need/want for my porch.

Any one have any suggestions?

Get a varifocal IR dome with led array, the tiny LEDs on dahua little dome sucks!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:20 pm 

SunnyKim wrote:
HD-CVI can not be used for a long distance over 50 Meter, if not for pure copper cable. But they keep claiming "upto 500 meter", in spite of the fact losing some colors. Some seem to cheat on others. We better wait for the technology getting matured, in my opinion.

I have no need for longer runs, it's for my home. To me, the distance issue is irrelevant.

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next