eos

DS-7216HGHI-SH/S Turbo DVR (TVI) Motion plus Continuous Rec?

Curious how to get both continuous and motion recording working on this unit. Picked one up at my supplier and they indicate it will only do continuous or motion but not both. My recording time bar is yellow (manual) but my cameras are all set to motion only. Seems puzzling, the Dahua product has no problem doing this across all their platforms.

Any ideas?

If you are recording 24/7, then you are recording 24/7. It won't matter if you also set up motion detection, since it is recording all the time (that is, it is actually also recording when there is motion).

If you expect to have 24/7 recording, and on playback see a different color when there is motion, you will not get that with Hikvision.

Yes you can do that. You will be recording in Continuous Mode, but also setup motion to create events. When you enable motion, you would go into the client or DVR, and rather than searching through the 24/7 recording, you would search in motion/events and it would display the points where you have had motion occur and you would click on it and it would play from that point. Make sure you are recording Continuous and also enable your motion and put your red boxes in the desired area where you want the motion detection to go off and save. Make sure you uncheck the trigger boxes if you are not wanting to trigger to ftp,/email etc. When you go to search, search in motion or event.

Yes you can do that. You will be recording in Continuous Mode, but also setup motion to create events. When you enable motion, you would go into the client or DVR, and rather than searching through the 24/7 recording, you would search in motion/events and it would display the points where you have had motion occur and you would click on it and it would play from that point. Make sure you are recording Continuous and also enable your motion and put your red boxes in the desired area where you want the motion detection to go off and save. Make sure you uncheck the trigger boxes if you are not wanting to trigger to ftp,/email etc. When you go to search, search in motion or event.

With Hikvision? Please ellaborate, since I am quite sure that can not be done (or at least I have never been able to do it).

You can not even do two overlaping programming periods. If you try to do from 00 to 24 continuous recording, and from 06 to 18 motion recording, it will not allow you to save the schedule.

With Hikvision? Please ellaborate, since I am quite sure that can not be done (or at least I have never been able to do it).

You can not even do two overlaping programming periods. If you try to do from 00 to 24 continuous recording, and from 06 to 18 motion recording, it will not allow you to save the schedule.

Of course you cannot do it the way you are saying it. What person with a right mind would think that. If you want to record 24/7 but still be able to search the recordings for motion you CAN as long as you have motion enabled and drawn red boxes on the designated area you want to create motion detection on and save it. SO now when you go do a play back, you would go in and search by motion and WAL LA you are viewing the motion detection. If you need help setting that up to see it with your own eyes let me know and i would be more tun happy to do it for. Ive done millions of these, so don't say anything is impossible. If it can't be done, i personally call my engineers at HIkvision and we make this **** happen.

Of course you cannot do it the way you are saying it. What person with a right mind would think that.

That's me, yup.

If you want to record 24/7 but still be able to search the recordings for motion you CAN as long as you have motion enabled and drawn red boxes on the designated area you want to create motion detection on and save it. SO now when you go do a play back, you would go in and search by motion and WAL LA you are viewing the motion detection. If you need help setting that up to see it with your own eyes let me know and i would be more tun happy to do it for. Ive done millions of these, so don't say anything is impossible. If it can't be done, i personally call my engineers at HIkvision and we make this **** happen.

That is great. I did try it, and with iVMS-4200 I can do search for motion (that's actually the hint I needed). On the web interface I think it can not be done, but it can with iVMS-4200 which is great. Thanks!

Of course you cannot do it the way you are saying it. What person with a right mind would think that.

That's me, yup.

If you want to record 24/7 but still be able to search the recordings for motion you CAN as long as you have motion enabled and drawn red boxes on the designated area you want to create motion detection on and save it. SO now when you go do a play back, you would go in and search by motion and WAL LA you are viewing the motion detection. If you need help setting that up to see it with your own eyes let me know and i would be more tun happy to do it for. Ive done millions of these, so don't say anything is impossible. If it can't be done, i personally call my engineers at HIkvision and we make this **** happen.

That is great. I did try it, and with iVMS-4200 I can do search for motion (that's actually the hint I needed). On the web interface I think it can not be done, but it can with iVMS-4200 which is great. Thanks!

Yes it can not be done through the web interface, i should have been a little more specific. But they are actually working on integrating that feature in the web interface.