Sign in to follow this  
burning2nd

DRv Hard Reset?

hey guys.. in the process of moving from a IDT-DVR8 to a IDT-16U (Hd)

i switched over my DVR today, turned it on.. worked great.. changed the ip address so i could connect thru my browser, everything was working fine, started messing with the phone app (this is where i went wrong) didnt relize i needed to get a different app... one thing led to another and i changed the orginal password of Admin with 5 zeros to Five ones

(at least this is my take on it)

ive copied the user 1 profiles password with the admin profile and now im locked out of the system

i cant change users i cant change settings i cant connect from the browser or phone,

Im completely locked out

I need a HARD reset bios reset procedure... removing the battery doesn't do it,

there is one on board push button that i can see.. and pressing that just restarts it..

I know its not been reset because it has still retained my ip address and network config that i gave it as well as the name that i named it,

IDT-16u

S/N MH6UPB1302753

(if needed i can get board numbers as well)

i cant find anything anywhere on this unit.

hey guys.. in the process of moving from a IDT-DVR8 to a IDT-16U (Hd)

i switched over my DVR today, turned it on.. worked great.. changed the ip address so i could connect thru my browser, everything was working fine, started messing with the phone app (this is where i went wrong) didnt relize i needed to get a different app... one thing led to another and i changed the orginal password of Admin with 5 zeros to Five ones

(at least this is my take on it)

ive copied the user 1 profiles password with the admin profile and now im locked out of the system

i cant change users i cant change settings i cant connect from the browser or phone,

Im completely locked out

I need a HARD reset bios reset procedure... removing the battery doesn't do it,

there is one on board push button that i can see.. and pressing that just restarts it..

I know its not been reset because it has still retained my ip address and network config that i gave it as well as the name that i named it,

IDT-16u

S/N MH6UPB1302753

(if needed i can get board numbers as well)

i cant find anything anywhere on this unit.

Try six digits instead of five please