electronicsuk

HD-SDI box camera with audio input?

Hi chaps. As the title suggests, is anyone aware of any HD (ideally 1080p) box cameras that will accept an analogue mic input at the camera and encode it, along with the video, and send out via HD-SDI?

I have an old Everfocus EQH5000 that I thought would do the job, but looking at the manual, the mic input is labelled as a "future feature". Short of finding a camera with this feature built-in, has anyone come across a reasonably priced encoder that will add audio to an HD-SDI video stream?

Thanks again

Matt

Hi chaps. As the title suggests, is anyone aware of any HD (ideally 1080p) box cameras that will accept an analogue mic input at the camera and encode it, along with the video, and send out via HD-SDI?

I have an old Everfocus EQH5000 that I thought would do the job, but looking at the manual, the mic input is labelled as a "future feature". Short of finding a camera with this feature built-in, has anyone come across a reasonably priced encoder that will add audio to an HD-SDI video stream?

Thanks again

Matt

Just get a 4 channel SDI DVR that supports audio input. It will be cheaper than getting a dedicated SDI encoder with audio. I find most SDI media converters tend to be very expensive.