shockwave199

Dash Cam video sample

I couldn't resist this camera. I'm calling it my Christmas present to myself this year. I love this thing! So much crapola goes down on the road, it seems a no brainer to have a camera out there as well if you're a camera geek. And so now, I do

This is the other night in snowy conditions. Probably not the best example of what the thing can do because of a schmutzy windshield but heck- that's the road. It has to give results not matter what out there. I'll post some more of day time and clearer night as well.

Bf1xgqplZdU

What camera is this?

I couldn't resist this camera. I'm calling it my Christmas present to myself this year. I love this thing! So much crapola goes down on the road, it seems a no brainer to have a camera out there as well if you're a camera geek. And so now, I do

This is the other night in snowy conditions. Probably not the best example of what the thing can do because of a schmutzy windshield but heck- that's the road. It has to give results not matter what out there. I'll post some more of day time and clearer night as well.

Bf1xgqplZdU

I put a 32 gig micro SD card in it- the largest it can take. It's suction cupped to the windshield behind [from my position] the rear view mirror. The suction cup bracket is top shelf, not crappy stuff. It stays in place. Loving this camera. Figures, the first mega pixel camera I install for myself...is in the car.

Read all about it here-

http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2011

I use the same card but wasn't watching and bought a class 4. Still works perfectly though. Now that I know I like this thing, I gotta route and hide the wire.

Btw, I was just noodling to see what snapshots would come of some night footage. Not bad. More often than not when you're on the move, getting plates reliably drops- especially at night. Anywho...some pics-

Drilled in for a plate-

1665293338_Pic1.thumb.jpg.c4a303024a9343313c0db477f2367bf2.jpg

1078656335_Pic1plate.jpg.003bf7904efda5693b6336fcbbd4ddcf.jpg

184817713_Pic2.thumb.jpg.47f656f6943fe5837bac4647ab310d63.jpg

Easier because of full stop, although still good I think. Of course the one right up my nose was rather easy

[attachment=0]pic 3.jpg[/attachment]

Seems to be a high definition camera. Which company's camera is this and how much does it cost?

Nice all-in-one solution and very cost-effective too. The battery life would be my only concern, but hooking up external power would alleviate that issue.

I have used three generations of GoPro's, which have a 170° horizontal FOV and a polarizer during the daylight hours. Granted, they are significantly more expensive, but HD Hero's were the only 1080p solution back then.

My wife used to make snarky comments about my usage for this purpose (this is before the Russian dash camera usage became more widely known)--until one day my camera settled a dispute over who was at fault in a fender-bender. The other driver tried to claim my wife was at fault until the insurance company's adjuster received a copy of the video. Since then my wife hasn't complained a bit over my GoPro purchases

Due to the declining ability of GoPro's to endure daily use (frequent dead batteries, insufficient battery life, freeze-up requiring battery removal to reset), I'm switching to a Sony HDR-AS30 which has the same 170°-wide FOV.