HiddenMountain

The Ultimate dashcam

53 views and no reply? No sense trying to get help from this forum anymore...

Did you remove your question you need help with or am i just not seeing it?

I am quite confused, what was being asked here? If you are looking for dashcam options, that depends on what you are looking to accomplish. Do you want just a basic video system? GPS? Blackbox functions? Recording while parked?

Ok then... So I have been rather busy with other things for the last year or so and had almost forgot that I was a member here. I was looking for something else when I discovered this old post.

Now I seem to have been disappointed in the lack of responses to my post, but it looks like the video I had attached didn't attach! I hate that!

So without further ado...

281422_1.mp4

What it is is a 4 channel mobile DVR with 3 channels used. Channel one is the "Dashcam", a 700TVL camera, and the other 2 are 420TVL units typically found as backup cameras on RV's or garbage trucks and the like.

I put this on my truck as an experiment a couple of winters ago and wanted to share this clip with y'all...

Just joined today and saw your post and wanted to throw my 2 cents in since I have been looking for something similar, so far I'm 1 for 2 the first one which was the 1.5 inch Full HD 1296P 0803 Ambarella A7LA50D Chip Car DVR Camera Recorder with GPS(very tiny) comes with it's own software to view playback, but this guy didn't do well in the heat or cold and didn't have a reset button. When it locked up I basically had to wait for the battery to dump before it worked again along with it screaming at you with audible tones. The other one I'm trying now is slightly larger, but not by much and does have a reset button seems to do better, it's the A118 Novatek 96650 AR0330 6G 170 Degree Lens H.264 1080P Full HD Mini Car DVR Dash Cam Video Recorder with gps, but the gps didn't work, cam worked ok though. It took the freezing and hot weather ok, and they make a non gps version but it's picky with the viewing software. Media player classic seems to work ok for it. Both were under $80.00. There one out there that has dual cams for front and rear and a remote dvr unit which can be placed in the glove box or hidden else where the vehicle, but at over $200.00 its kinda out of budget at this time with my other projects I have going, but this guy has some good demo's on these toy's here's his link. https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan/videos. Hope this helps good luck.

P.S. Just found out that the 1296P mini 0803 Ambarella A7LA50D Chip Car DVR Camera Recorder has been upgraded to the 0806 still under $80 so hopefully they have addressed the freezing issues and gave a reset button

Hi. With dash cams now being a standard accessory in cars and trucks.

We have a high failure rate. Not just from cheap cameras but also $200-$300 cameras

We always install class 10 SD cards and not ones supplied so we know we don't have recording problems.

We have 4 of the Vicovation marcus 5 http://www.vicovation.com

Not cheap at $250. Support was good for two systems but then no reply to emails. With the amount of firmware updates out should of been a warning there was a problem. Also other problems with the Marcus 5.

Does not like heat at all .... And both cameras run hot anyway so summer use they are for ever shutting down.

We have also had to replace power supplies on 2 out of the 4 ... Not good enough to run both the cameras.

The picture quality is one of the best out of all we have used and the added benifit of rear camera also good images

But system is no good with reboot problems system life 13 months

Nextbase is another brand we have 2 of https://www.nextbase.co.uk

Good little small camera but again heat problems ( they just shut down till cool) this has only happened to 1 of the cameras. Customer puts it away when car is parked up. Which prevents using the shock sensor function

It would be interesting to hear what others use and to be honest with how they stand up to everyday use.

We have a high failure rate. Not just from cheap cameras but also $200-$300 cameras

We always install class 10 SD cards and not ones supplied so we know we don't have recording problems.

Not cheap at $250. Support was good for two systems but then no reply to emails. With the amount of firmware updates out should of been a warning there was a problem. Also other problems with the Marcus 5.

Does not like heat at all .... And both cameras run hot anyway so summer use they are for ever shutting down.

We have also had to replace power supplies on 2 out of the 4 ... Not good enough to run both the cameras.

The picture quality is one of the best out of all we have used and the added benifit of rear camera also good images

Good little small camera but again heat problems ( they just shut down till cool) this has only happened to 1 of the cameras. Customer puts it away when car is parked up. Which prevents using the shock sensor function

It would be interesting to hear what others use and to be honest with how they stand up to everyday use.

Personally, am not using but from what I know I have associates that bought this Anytek Dashcam and they has been using with no issue since he bought during the 2015 CPSE in Shenzhen. BTW, Malaysia weather is hot 7/24 365 days

Note: I will check if it's still working though, since no incidence they might not have try playback.

Personally, am not using but from what I know I have associates that bought this Anytek Dashcam and they has been using with no issue since he bought during the 2015 CPSE in Shenzhen. BTW, Malaysia weather is hot 7/24 365 days

Note: I will check if it's still working though, since no incidence they might not have try playback.

If hot weather area,it is better to find one capacitor based dashcam,such as A119/Mini 0906/B1W

I tried many dash cams from cheap to expensive 2 cam dashcam systems they all failed me from shut downs from heat to firmware issues to sd card constant formats like on the last one i had the thinkware 770 2 cam system $500 system lasted 11 months . i just put in an hd nvr system in my car using a 120volt inverter starting out with dahua 2 hard drive nvr 2 hikvision hd outdoor dome cameras gutted to fit on my winshield dome removed. and a netgear poe switch. so far so good better quality picture too, it depends on quality of the cameras but u can always change them out to your liking. nvr with poe switch and inverter in trunk with inverter remote switch upfront in center dash mounted.