View unanswered posts | View active topics


Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
  
 Post subject: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:57 pm 
Installer

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 98
Location: Nahatlatch Valley BC Canuckistan

Offline
53 views and no reply? No sense trying to get help from this forum anymore...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:39 pm 
User avatar
Registered User

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2222
Location: New York

Offline
Oh man sorry I missed this! Oh well.

_________________
My DIY Residential System Videos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:08 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 445

Offline
shockwave199 wrote:
Oh man sorry I missed this! Oh well.



;) :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 am 
Manufacturer

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 123

Offline
HiddenMountain wrote:
53 views and no reply? No sense trying to get help from this forum anymore...


Did you remove your question you need help with or am i just not seeing it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:08 am 
User avatar
Integrator

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1124
Location: Hagerstown, MD

Offline
I am quite confused, what was being asked here? If you are looking for dashcam options, that depends on what you are looking to accomplish. Do you want just a basic video system? GPS? Blackbox functions? Recording while parked?

_________________

HID pivClass Certified
Axis Certified
Fortress Technologies Certified
Mobotix Certified
DAQ Certified
Galaxy Certified


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:43 am 
Registered User

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 242

Offline
i use a garmin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:26 am 
Installer

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 98
Location: Nahatlatch Valley BC Canuckistan

Offline
Ok then... So I have been rather busy with other things for the last year or so and had almost forgot that I was a member here. I was looking for something else when I discovered this old post.
Now I seem to have been disappointed in the lack of responses to my post, but it looks like the video I had attached didn't attach! I hate that!

So without further ado...

Image

What it is is a 4 channel mobile DVR with 3 channels used. Channel one is the "Dashcam", a 700TVL camera, and the other 2 are 420TVL units typically found as backup cameras on RV's or garbage trucks and the like.

I put this on my truck as an experiment a couple of winters ago and wanted to share this clip with y'all...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:59 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 15

Offline
Whistler Dash Cameras are decent for the money. D17VR or D19VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWyclLuOg2M


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:51 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 6

Offline
Just joined today and saw your post and wanted to throw my 2 cents in since I have been looking for something similar, so far I'm 1 for 2 the first one which was the 1.5 inch Full HD 1296P 0803 Ambarella A7LA50D Chip Car DVR Camera Recorder with GPS(very tiny) comes with it's own software to view playback, but this guy didn't do well in the heat or cold and didn't have a reset button. When it locked up I basically had to wait for the battery to dump before it worked again along with it screaming at you with audible tones. The other one I'm trying now is slightly larger, but not by much and does have a reset button seems to do better, it's the A118 Novatek 96650 AR0330 6G 170 Degree Lens H.264 1080P Full HD Mini Car DVR Dash Cam Video Recorder with gps, but the gps didn't work, cam worked ok though. It took the freezing and hot weather ok, and they make a non gps version but it's picky with the viewing software. Media player classic seems to work ok for it. Both were under $80.00. There one out there that has dual cams for front and rear and a remote dvr unit which can be placed in the glove box or hidden else where the vehicle, but at over $200.00 its kinda out of budget at this time with my other projects I have going, but this guy has some good demo's on these toy's here's his link. https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan/videos. Hope this helps good luck.

P.S. Just found out that the 1296P mini 0803 Ambarella A7LA50D Chip Car DVR Camera Recorder has been upgraded to the 0806 still under $80 so hopefully they have addressed the freezing issues and gave a reset button


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:59 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 5

Offline
what was the question? I can't see it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:32 am 
User avatar
Integrator

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8122

Offline
Hi. With dash cams now being a standard accessory in cars and trucks.

We have a high failure rate. Not just from cheap cameras but also $200-$300 cameras

We always install class 10 SD cards and not ones supplied so we know we don't have recording problems.

We have 4 of the Vicovation marcus 5 http://www.vicovation.com
Not cheap at $250. Support was good for two systems but then no reply to emails. With the amount of firmware updates out should of been a warning there was a problem. Also other problems with the Marcus 5.
Does not like heat at all .... And both cameras run hot anyway so summer use they are for ever shutting down.
We have also had to replace power supplies on 2 out of the 4 ... Not good enough to run both the cameras.
The picture quality is one of the best out of all we have used and the added benifit of rear camera also good images
But system is no good with reboot problems system life 13 months

Nextbase is another brand we have 2 of https://www.nextbase.co.uk
Good little small camera but again heat problems ( they just shut down till cool) this has only happened to 1 of the cameras. Customer puts it away when car is parked up. Which prevents using the shock sensor function


It would be interesting to hear what others use and to be honest with how they stand up to everyday use.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:47 am 
Registered User

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 339

Offline
tomcctv wrote:
Hi. With dash cams now being a standard accessory in cars and trucks.

We have a high failure rate. Not just from cheap cameras but also $200-$300 cameras

We always install class 10 SD cards and not ones supplied so we know we don't have recording problems.

We have 4 of the Vicovation marcus 5 http://www.vicovation.com
Not cheap at $250. Support was good for two systems but then no reply to emails. With the amount of firmware updates out should of been a warning there was a problem. Also other problems with the Marcus 5.
Does not like heat at all .... And both cameras run hot anyway so summer use they are for ever shutting down.
We have also had to replace power supplies on 2 out of the 4 ... Not good enough to run both the cameras.
The picture quality is one of the best out of all we have used and the added benifit of rear camera also good images
But system is no good with reboot problems system life 13 months

Nextbase is another brand we have 2 of https://www.nextbase.co.uk
Good little small camera but again heat problems ( they just shut down till cool) this has only happened to 1 of the cameras. Customer puts it away when car is parked up. Which prevents using the shock sensor function


It would be interesting to hear what others use and to be honest with how they stand up to everyday use.

Personally, am not using but from what I know I have associates that bought this Anytek Dashcam and they has been using with no issue since he bought during the 2015 CPSE in Shenzhen. BTW, Malaysia weather is hot 7/24 365 days :D
Note: I will check if it's still working though, since no incidence they might not have try playback. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: The Ultimate dashcam
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:10 am 
Registered User

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 4

Offline
msecure wrote:
tomcctv wrote:
Hi. With dash cams now being a standard accessory in cars and trucks.

We have a high failure rate. Not just from cheap cameras but also $200-$300 cameras

We always install class 10 SD cards and not ones supplied so we know we don't have recording problems.

We have 4 of the Vicovation marcus 5 http://www.vicovation.com
Not cheap at $250. Support was good for two systems but then no reply to emails. With the amount of firmware updates out should of been a warning there was a problem. Also other problems with the Marcus 5.
Does not like heat at all .... And both cameras run hot anyway so summer use they are for ever shutting down.
We have also had to replace power supplies on 2 out of the 4 ... Not good enough to run both the cameras.
The picture quality is one of the best out of all we have used and the added benifit of rear camera also good images
But system is no good with reboot problems system life 13 months

Nextbase is another brand we have 2 of https://www.nextbase.co.uk
Good little small camera but again heat problems ( they just shut down till cool) this has only happened to 1 of the cameras. Customer puts it away when car is parked up. Which prevents using the shock sensor function


It would be interesting to hear what others use and to be honest with how they stand up to everyday use.

Personally, am not using but from what I know I have associates that bought this Anytek Dashcam and they has been using with no issue since he bought during the 2015 CPSE in Shenzhen. BTW, Malaysia weather is hot 7/24 365 days :D
Note: I will check if it's still working though, since no incidence they might not have try playback. :lol:

If hot weather area,it is better to find one capacitor based dashcam,such as A119/Mini 0906/B1W


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:35 pm

The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2003-2016 CCTVForum.com. All Rights Reserved.