jalal

problem in configuration between dvr and adsl modem

Hi guys

I'm doing a project which

I’m trying to coonect my DVR to an ADSl modem in order to access to the dvr from outside ,but I have some problems

First

How can I make sure that the Internet is accessible when I connect modem to DVR?

I mean when I connect dvr to the modem Idont know if THE INTERNE is OK or not?

In fact the question is:

HOW can I create an auto connection in order to connect to the internet?(there is no PC)

There is no option to make a connection in dvr?

There is an option in network setting of DVR which is clled PPPoe

It’s has been written that I should write the ID and PASSWORD that ISP gave me !

Is it necessary to fill this part to connect to the internet ?

Could you introduce me some links about this problems?

THANK YOU ALL

Please help me as soon as possible

Hi guys

I'm doing a project which

I’m trying to coonect my DVR to an ADSl modem in order to access to the dvr from outside ,but I have some problems

First

How can I make sure that the Internet is accessible when I connect modem to DVR?

I mean when I connect dvr to the modem Idont know if THE INTERNE is OK or not?

Do you have a computer or laptop you can use for testing the connection?

In fact the question is:

HOW can I create an auto connection in order to connect to the internet?(there is no PC)

There is no option to make a connection in dvr?

It may depend on your service provider, but in general, you don't need to do anything to "initiate" a connection with DSL - it should be connected as long as the modem is on and plugged into the phone line.

There is an option in network setting of DVR which is clled PPPoe

It’s has been written that I should write the ID and PASSWORD that ISP gave me !

Is it necessary to fill this part to connect to the internet ?

Only IF your provider uses PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet). You'd have to check with them.

If your modem isn't an "all-on-one" device (modem/router combo unit), you may want to consider adding at least a basic wired router between the DVR and the modem, to provide additional security.

Also, some DSL providers require that any new device be "registered" on their system (based on its hardware MAC address) to obtain an outside-accessible IP... that may take a call to tech support once your DVR is connected and running, or it may mean setting the connection up first with a computer or laptop, with the DVR's MAC addressed cloned into the computer or router.

Without knowing your provider or any details on the hardware you're using, it's really impossible to give any more specific advice. You haven't told us who the provider is, what brand/model of modem you have, what DVR you have...

Hi dear SOUNDY

YES I have a laptop , but when I’m in the factory I’m not able to coonect with my laptop to the modem

I DON’T REALLY KNOW IF NOISE AFFECTS THAT OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY

I have to first config the router then plug it into the dvr

And that makes me feel uncomfortable and, it really bothers me .

Then there is nothing to be worried about the connection between DVr and DSL modem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there??????????????

In addition , you mean that whenever the DVR is restarted it will connect to the internet automatically ? that is my question ?

I configured the modem to connect to the internet in BRIDGING mode

Then I don’t need to fill PPPoe section

Is that right??????????

Further INFORMATION

The dsl modem is called “ZYXEL”

The DVR is called “ KYPRO”

And because I use a local ISP , it might not help you

But it’s name is SABANET which is located in Iran.

THANK YOU ALL

hi ive got similer problem, am using a thompson st510 modem and a cnm dvr, ive fitted an netgear router inbetween and can get the dvr and internet on lan, but cant get the dvr to work over the net, am using a dyndns account

i would be grateful if anyone may no what to do

hi ive got similer problem, am using a thompson st510 modem and a cnm dvr, ive fitted an netgear router inbetween and can get the dvr and internet on lan, but cant get the dvr to work over the net, am using a dyndns account

i would be grateful if anyone may no what to do

did you open some ports in the router? as you can see you are behind a router and viewing a certain host in your network requires a port to be opened so that the services on that host can be accessed. A DVR behind a router requires port forwarding, usually you can find the settings in the DVR's user manual.