Roula

New Firmware for AVTECH CPCAM KPD674A 4CH with mouse 1044

What is so hard about changing the firmware to make changes to the software? or do these companies, just want us to buy the latest products.

so that

1. jpg snapshot image gets send via email

2. an interface for adding IP camera's for recording an ip camera to a channel?... like a virtual channel... making the 4 channel a 5 or 6 chanel with virtual cams?

surely it can be done... I would love it.

I have just had another look at my unit, and it too says KPD876ZB on the back. So must be revsion B motherboard as well.

So I guess we need to wait for a revision B upgrade of the software.

James

any joy james ive b too

Hi I have a cpcam 551 and I did a firmware upgrade via internet explorer, now my unit only boots up and displays the h264 and then goes into a blank screen?

I tried turning the unit off and then back on with the files on a formatted fat32 flash drive and it does not responded at all.

Is there anything else I can try?

Is there a place where I can buy just the main board?

Is there any programming I could try?

Regards Terry

Do somebody have firmware for:

DVR: AvTech AVC761ZAS (8ID200484)

MB: AV761AM-S (02A-1200M3)

Current Firmware: 1200-1012-1030-1018-M3-6C1B

Thanks!

I have a DVR KPD674ZD and can not upgrade with the firmwares listed above... I have a really old one 1006-1002-1001-1001

Anyone can help me please? Thanks in advance...

Hi Roula,

Are you working for AVtech, or doing the AVC KPD674 firmware updates as a hobby?

Is there a change log anywhere that lists the changes or bug fixes in each version?

One feature that would be really good to have is the option to attach the video clip or JPEG snapshot to the trigger email for motion trigger. This would ensure that if the DVR got stolen or damaged during the burglary that there would still be a copy of the video or a snapshot for evidence. Is there any chance of implementing this?

Keep up the good work

Regards Allen

Hi Allen,

Unfortunally the release notes for the firmwares (as well as the firmwares files) are not published in the web, only people that work in Avtech can access to them. Since the firmwares are really really many, it's almost impossible to publish all of them on the web.

About the mail notification, it should be good if the dvr can send a small video or image by mail, but for the moment this function is supported only by IP cameras.

To don't lose the videos in case the dvr is stolen, you can install the program videoviewer in your PC, and configure it to record in case of motion detection or alarm (even manual record is ok too).

Leo

Hi.

I believe that earlier models of ACtech DVRs used to send an image or series of images.

Also, Iv'e found that Avast Webshield is stopping video playback from working on my win7 pc. Posted on this thread

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25600&p=157252#p157252

Do you know how to set avast to work with dvr playback other than disabling the web shield completely?

Regards Allen.

I also have Avast antivirus in my computer (but i have windows XP).

I know that using Mozilla firefox in Win7, there is no problem with the playback even when Antivirus is active, you should have to try it. Remember also to upgrade the dvr to the latest version first.

Leo

Hi mates,

Just wondering if there is any new version for the A board model?

I have on it KPD674A_1043

is it the latest for this time ?

Thanks in advance

Hi.

I am having trouble with email notification and NTP updates on my AVC791A . They worked for a while with 1043 but at now I get errors in the log saying Fail

Can you please advise what changes/fixes there are in the latest firmware? are there any changes to the notification settings?

Regards Allen.

I know this is an old thread but I just wondered if it is worth me upgrading the firmware on my avtech KPD674 dvr from 1017-1007-1010-1009 to the latest 1044.

Thanks in advance

is this compatible with this device?

AVC793ZD

KPD674A = AVC793ZD ???

the same as or?

when not i Need a firmaware update for this device AVC793ZD

thanks a lot.

OK folks. Newbie here. Bought a 4 Ch DVR and 2 cameras about 2 years ago. Mounted the cameras but didn't know where I wanted the DVR. Current wiring is exposed inside and outside to our TV and we were able to change the input on the TV to RBG and see outside. Since I didn't have access to the internet from the TV, I never installed the DVR - that is until this week. So to the best of my knowledge, the sticker on the back says VC SYS-4WEBMVP. I searched the forum and did not find anything on the 4WEBMVP. I googled the product and it looks identical to the AVTECH KPD674. My firmware version is 1036.1014.1016.1016. If this is indeed the same box, I don't know how/where to find the model suffix (A,B,etc). Can anyone help me figure this out? Would a firmware upgrade be beneficial for me? Here are the comparisons of what I have and the 674. Thanks in advance for your help. FYI I am in the USA if that matters.

http://alatest.com/reviews/other-electronics/yy-vc-sys-4webmvp-4-channel-dvr-vga-out-1-sata-hdd-bay-h264-build-in-server-with-network-mouse-ready-without-hard-drive/po3-120534030,310/

https://www.google.com/search?q=avtech+674&biw=1024&bih=609&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=A42IVJORKoSTyQTbkYCQBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Pqt1DIw7vEl61M%253A%3B2STw6d1zzC45kM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.ebayimg.com%252F00%252Fs%252FNTEwWDUxMA%253D%253D%252Fz%252F-9QAAOSwxH1UGum0%252F%2524_35.JPG%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252F4-Channel-CCTV-Camera-AVTech-DVR-AVTech-674-H-264-Remote-Access-via-Networ-%252F271501374422%3B300%3B300