cglaeser

Super low light camera at ISC West

There was a super low light camera demonstrated at ISC West. Anyone have a link to the camera or company website?

Best,

Christopher

I don't recall seeing this... was it IP or analog? Any idea where it was or what exhibits were nearby?

It is analog. I did not attend the show, but Michael and Alex both told me about it. They were both impressed with the demo. The low light lux rating is off the charts. Depending on the price, I would love to attach a few of these to an Avigilon encoder.

Best,

Christopher

Did you ever get an answer to this?

No, I did not get an answer. Some forum members attended the show and saw the camera, but apparently it's top secret, need-to-know, must-kill-you-if-I-tell-you information.

Best,

Christopher

I just got the email I will have the camera today.

Ok so you had one evening to mess with it. What's your take?

Can you make out anything in low light that travels faster than snail pace because as you know it is is important to see your car in the driveway under starlight but not as important to see the person breaking into it unless they stop and smile at the camera.

You guys are funny. " title="Applause" />

FYI the camera that I have is not on Watec's website yet

The camera is still in the box. It's going to talk me a couple of days till I get to it.

The camera is still in the box. It's going to talk me a couple of days till I get to it.

Anything to report?

Best,

Christopher

Anything to report?

Best,

Christopher

Yes its the best low light camera I have seen

Yes its the best low light camera I have seen

What is the model number? Can you post video and/or image samples?

Best,

Christopher

Guys I have the camera but I haven't had time to play with it in a while. This is a $600+ B/W only box camera that needs a housing to be used outside. With that in mind it low light image is fantastic and is something we plan on using with VideoIQ encoders for extremely low light settings where we can't use IR.