poolsh4rk

control spectra 3 with dvr

he folks..im new to your forum...

i have just bought a spectra 3 ptz camera. I want to control it with my h.264 dvr. i have connected 2 wires of cat 5 cable to camera and the other ends of cat 5 cable to dvr... when camera does its post it displays "pelco spectra 111 se, version 1.34.oooo, d address 1, p address 2, comm 2400.n.8.1, configure done"

yet i still cannot move camera using ptz control on dvr.. any thoughts on what im doing wrong?

i got it sorted...i forgot to cross the wires

he folks..im new to your forum...

i have just bought a spectra 3 ptz camera. I want to control it with my h.264 dvr. i have connected 2 wires of cat 5 cable to camera and the other ends of cat 5 cable to dvr... when camera does its post it displays "pelco spectra 111 se, version 1.34.oooo, d address 1, p address 2, comm 2400.n.8.1, configure done"

yet i still cannot move camera using ptz control on dvr.. any thoughts on what im doing wrong?

i got it sorted...i forgot to cross the wires

What protocol is your dome and dvr set to

should be pelco d with an address of 1

There several setup must be the same between DVR and PTZ as followed:

1. Protocol: For you is Pelco-D

2. Baud rate: For you is 2400bps;

3. Address: For you is address 1;

4. Series port bit : Normally is 8;

Please check your DVR. Is it totally the same as PTZ setup? If still out of control, please check the RS485 A and RS485 B cable. Make sure the A and B is connected on the right port.

UAIChina