msecure

HDCVI video

Here is the latest recording I did with the HDCVI from Dahua, am not really impress with the quality, anyone else tested this and can share your opinion?

WZ7bNpKcYjA

Seems good quality for a camera over RG59 cable. What length do you have ?

Only a short length of about 20m

Here's the night time AVI

NjUTjegg_ok

You do realize there is a 720p or 1.3MP limitation. Your not going to get 1080p ike HD-SDI

Wrong, look here!

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/hcvr72047208a-484.html

My bad ! Last I looked that model was not there. Seems like just last week.

I was referring to :

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/hcvr580458085816s-481.html

Which most likely he has. The images looks like 720p. The max res for his Youtube video is 720p and odds are so is the camera. I never thought 720p was worth the money as there is no major WOW factor from 960H.

HDCVI is not the only game in town as other chip manufacturers are creating comparable transmission chips

What don't you like about the image?

How does it compare to HD-SDI?

What camera did you use?

Too much noise even at day time & when view on 40" it is not acceptable at least to me! BTW, have shown to ordinary user and they say is very nice. Cannot compare with 1080p SDI, since this HDCVI I have is only 720p.

Tested with HDCVI IR dome.

Seems good quality for a camera over RG59 cable. What length do you have ?

Have tested on a roll of 305m Belden RG6(Belden Part No.: 9116S 0101000/ 9116S 010U1000), perfect signal while the SDI has no signal as expected!

HDCVI is not HD-SDI which is IP camera transmit via coaxial cable. But protocol is unique for they own developing.

Uhhhh......Uhhhhhh.....What?

Varascope,

HDCVI is designed for competing against HD_SDI.

We know that HD_SDI carries in nature weakness in that it can not send HD (large amount of video data) video signal over long distance.

HD CVI, owned by Daihua, though not perfect, losing some resolution, claims that it can carry much longer than HD-SDI.

HDCVI can not compare with HDSDI, both of them is different thing.

It supports 1280H@25fps、1280H@30fps、1280H@50fps、 1280H@60fps、1920H@25fps、1920H@30fps

-Video/Audio/RS485 3in1 signal transmission by coaxial cable

-low bitrate/low comsume

-500-700meters signal transfer

Actually, the quality is not bad in 720p, even with this double cheaper price.

I shared my video recording, you can have a look

HDCVI DVR WEB interface:

HDCVI IR DOME CAMERA INDOOR:

Here's my comments on image quality, at least from a photographer's point of view;

- Color accuracy is pretty close to neutral with a slight magenta cast

- Compression artifacts are visible to naked eye, see if you have the option to reduce compression as may what's what you are calling noise.

- Noise - not seeing it but seeing some noise reduction taking place causing some blurring, typical of Dahua

- WDR - there are dark shadows that can be improved like the women getting out of the black car, there could be more detail in the shadows. But maybe overcritical as women dressed in a black Burca coming out of black car is not ideal.

- Resolution - not adequate to ID anyone, Burca aside, their heads are about 20-25 pixels tall, you need about a 5MP camera to maintain that field of view and get enough pixels to ID someone, but do not know if that's your goal.

Hi there,

first of all: sorry for my bad english.

i was able to install my first hdcvi-kit. 4 different hdcvi cameras and the 8ch hdcvi-dvr.

qualitly compared to price: amazing

quality compared to ip or hd-sdi: nahh... hope they can improve it!

the idea is great (even if hikvision has something very similar), but i can see "ghosts" in my current hdcvi setup (which should occur).

if someone is more familiar with the german language he also can check out my site hdcvi.de, it try to translate everything and put it online there..

Hi there,

first of all: sorry for my bad english.

i was able to install my first hdcvi-kit. 4 different hdcvi cameras and the 8ch hdcvi-dvr.

qualitly compared to price: amazing

quality compared to ip or hd-sdi: nahh... hope they can improve it!

the idea is great (even if hikvision has something very similar), but i can see "ghosts" in my current hdcvi setup (which should occur).

if someone is more familiar with the german language he also can check out my site hdcvi.de, it try to translate everything and put it online there..

Welcome to the forum, your English is ok! Maybe you can share some clips or video if it does not intrude into your privacy!

About HDCVI

Must take care it and know it is a owner of DAIHUA

The distance can mach is around 30% more of HD-SDI but quality is more less of SDI

Need to take care also another problem SDI can mach big distance is the camera will connected with a good DVR if the DVR use a good reciver as SEMTECH with a good cable can make more of 260meter but if use with a DVR using a reciver from China MAGNISION to be sure also with a good cable can not go on 130-150 meter

Different is for HDCVI because only one chip as trasmiter and one for reciver and those are only from DAIHUA so the performance always are the best one

But for my opinio ude HDCVI is a big BIG risch because only DAIHUA have the control of the IC and the system , your bussiness will be connected only with daihua can't find other factory can make HDCVI ( or better can find but all have to buy the material from daihua )

HD-SDI is a open system you can change suplier and product also it is going to improve with HD-MSDI it can mach doblle distance of now and is compatible with HD-SDI

Frank2

About HDCVI

Must take care it and know it is a owner of DAIHUA

The distance can mach is around 30% more of HD-SDI but quality is more less of SDI

Need to take care also another problem SDI can mach big distance is the camera will connected with a good DVR if the DVR use a good reciver as SEMTECH with a good cable can make more of 260meter but if use with a DVR using a reciver from China MAGNISION to be sure also with a good cable can not go on 130-150 meter

Different is for HDCVI because only one chip as trasmiter and one for reciver and those are only from DAIHUA so the performance always are the best one

But for my opinio ude HDCVI is a big BIG risch because only DAIHUA have the control of the IC and the system , your bussiness will be connected only with daihua can't find other factory can make HDCVI ( or better can find but all have to buy the material from daihua )

HD-SDI is a open system you can change suplier and product also it is going to improve with HD-MSDI it can mach doblle distance of now and is compatible with HD-SDI

Frank2

I do not agree with you, what do you mean by big risk? For HDCVI to succeed Dahua will sell their chips to every tom, dick & harry to flood the market which is what is happening right now. With the current HDCVI pricing there is no reason to sell 960h analog. HDCVI is low end. If you want to compare then HIK TVI & NExtchip AHP would be a better comparison. SDI is a different ball game all together. Here is a screen shot of the HDCVI with 4 cams.

http://postimg.org/image/lp4gwa6qb/full/

Diahua, Hikvision, and all other chip suppliers are going for different their own standards. Compatibility is gone. Never expect greedy chinese players can compromise each other. Even though you may buy rather a better camera at a lower price, you may have to pay higher price for their own DVR. The end-users may need to be patient, not to risk their money.

I've been lucky enough to have product tested just about every HDCVI model that Dahua has to offer at this time. I can't speak for the other manufacturers, but bottom line, the Dahua HDCVI line good buy for your money and the easiest sale to customers that I've ever made.

Is it as sharp as HD-SDI? No.

Does it come at half the price of HD-SDI? Yes.

Is the image quality damn good for the price? Hell yes.

ALso, HDCVI is also compatible with 1600ft runs over coax (for video) which beats the heck out of HD-SDI, and I can vouch for that.

The 2 megapixel models will be hitting the market soon from Dahua and that's all that HD-SDI really has over it right now. Also, I don't know what other peoples experience has been with HD-SDI, but I've seen more than a view quality control issues with manufacturers that I've never had a problem with before. I don't know if HD-SDI is just flaky or if QC has just taken a dump on itself.

Dear Don,

Just from pure curiosity, I tested HD-CVI Camera over a cheap CCTV cable running 200 meter (say , 600 feet). It starts to lose colors, and failing to lock the video. I guess when they state 500 meter (say 1600ft), it must be tested on a very good cable of no inductance or no capacitance.

My mistake. I should have mentioned that. You absolutely need to be using solid copper RG59.

The copper clad RG59 wasn't even something I tried during product testing as it wasn't recommended. Theoretically, I guess it might work up to 300ft, but I wouldn't bother wasting your time unless you've got a bunch of extra cable lying around.

One more point I have to add, Don

The idea behind HD-SDI and HD-CVI, stuffs was to still use the old conventional cables that were already installed. And installers or end users should be more patient, I mentioned.