Roger99

HikVision Remote Access Problem

Hi Guys. I'm really appreciate some help with this.

I have a HikVision DS-7608 HDI DVR and a mix of HDI cameras. It all works great. I can manage it all using the Windows software over the local network, and watch the cameras over my WiFi with the Android app on my phone. So far, so good.

Remote access is the problem. I have a static IP address on my broadband connection, and I've set port forwarding on the router for the usual ports - 80, 123, 554 and 8000. But I can't connect to the DVR to watch the cameras live over the web. I've checked that those ports are all open using the usual tools, but using either the Windows or Android apps I get a connection error.

But here's the strange thing. I CAN open the Remote Playback using the phone, and watch any of the recordings over the web. Using that I can see any of the cameras just a few seconds delayed. So the ports are all connected. But I can't see the cameras live.

I've gone through all the DVR settings many times, but can't find anything to change this. I've turned the router firewall off.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Not exactly sure why you can somewhat see from out of network but a couple of things I would try are changing the default ports and then forwarding the new ones.

For instance, I don't typically use 80 because a lot of ISPs block it so I usually choose to change it to another number such as 85.

I also saw somewhere on the forum here that 554 gets blocked too but I have no experience with that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did try substitutes for all the ports but it made no difference, so I've put them back to the defaults.

I've used an online port scanner to check that the ports are open.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did try substitutes for all the ports but it made no difference, so I've put them back to the defaults.

I've used an online port scanner to check that the ports are open.

You can set up teamviewer & pm me the ID & Pass and set a time when we are both online so that I can have a look at it for you. It's rather strange that you can remote view playback but not live!

When you are trying to view locally, are you using your external static IP or the internal local IP of the DVR?

If your router doesn't support NAT loopback, you have to use the local IP of the DVR to view it when you are on the local network.

Hi folks, I've sorted it!

While reading through HikVision's support PDF's I saw a mention of port 8200, so I tried forwarding that as well.

As soon as I did so the remote view worked.

So it seems only port 8000 is used for remote playback, but 8200 is used as well for live viewing. Don't know why that should be, but that's the way it works. The Android app is still calling to 8000 - I haven't changed that.

When I was using live view locally on my WiFi, I was going directly to the local address of the DVR, port 8000.

Many thanks for your suggestions - it's good to have that level of support.

Awesome,

Glad to hear you worked it out. I guess that was kind of an odd one.

Roger99, Gald you solved your problem! I have a Similar problem... I can view the cams online in my LOCAL network... but when I go on a OUTSIDE NETWORK I cannot access them via web, or phone app. I tried to register it via the website but the HK-Vision website keeps saying the device is offline.... which is NOT true because like I stated I can access them online via web, thier app on my PC, and phone app on the internal network, NOT a external... you said you changed something to port 8200... what did you switch over? the RTSP port??

please let me know as this has me pulling my hair out...

here are my ports

http:81

RTSP:554

HTTPS:543

Server:8081

(I switched some of the ports, but even when I had them set to default they did not work, and all are port forward in my router) Any help would greatly appreciated.

Roger99, Gald you solved your problem! I have a Similar problem... I can view the cams online in my LOCAL network... but when I go on a OUTSIDE NETWORK I cannot access them via web, or phone app. I tried to register it via the website but the HK-Vision website keeps saying the device is offline.... which is NOT true because like I stated I can access them online via web, thier app on my PC, and phone app on the internal network, NOT a external... you said you changed something to port 8200... what did you switch over? the RTSP port??

please let me know as this has me pulling my hair out...

here are my ports

http:81

RTSP:554

HTTPS:543

Server:8081

(I switched some of the ports, but even when I had them set to default they did not work, and all are port forward in my router) Any help would greatly appreciated.

Hi did you get it working ? If so, how ?