msecure

HDCVI video

Q-See actually has HDCVI system and it is sold at costco.com and they called it HD Analog system. The 8 cameras system 720P sold for 499.00 (Item #865574). The quality is pretty good and they have a video sample at costco.com too.

Here is the video sample link of the Q-See HD analog system

http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/cp/13922106/module/qsee/_cp/products/1392769713165/tab-d37a5d32-c8d7-4038-bcc9-d5344f1f1680/edbea8aa-a89b-4c2b-90f7-c25f8e3225fd.mp4.flash.flv

Very informative thread.

"Q-See actually has HDCVI system and it is sold at costco.com and they called it HD Analog system. The 8 cameras system 720P sold for 499.00 (Item #865574). The quality is pretty good and they have a video sample at costco.com too.

http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/cp ... .flash.flv"

Well I purchased this system and I am pleased so far with the picture quality during the day of the cameras, however the night picture quality of the dome cameras are not as good as the bullet cams.

The model number of the dome camera is: QCA7202D

It is very noisy and I cant get the contrast right at night time. All the cameras have a fixed focal length of 3.6mm, 70-75 view angle so thats kinda of a bummer, would have rather had a mix of wide and tele. Im not sure if I am going to keep the system, still installing cameras at the moment. I found this thread searching for other "HD Analog" cameras and now I realize its a proprietary standard from this Daihau company, HDCVI. Perhaps I can find some other non Q-see cameras that provide a wider field of view, as thats what I really need/want for my porch.

Any one have any suggestions?

HD-CVI can not be used for a long distance over 50 Meter, if not for pure copper cable. But they keep claiming "upto 500 meter", in spite of the fact losing some colors. Some seem to cheat on others. We better wait for the technology getting matured, in my opinion.

Very informative thread.

"Q-See actually has HDCVI system and it is sold at costco.com and they called it HD Analog system. The 8 cameras system 720P sold for 499.00 (Item #865574). The quality is pretty good and they have a video sample at costco.com too.

Well I purchased this system and I am pleased so far with the picture quality during the day of the cameras, however the night picture quality of the dome cameras are not as good as the bullet cams.

It is very noisy and I cant get the contrast right at night time. All the cameras have a fixed focal length of 3.6mm, 70-75 view angle so thats kinda of a bummer, would have rather had a mix of wide and tele. Im not sure if I am going to keep the system, still installing cameras at the moment. I found this thread searching for other "HD Analog" cameras and now I realize its a proprietary standard from this Daihau company, HDCVI. Perhaps I can find some other non Q-see cameras that provide a wider field of view, as thats what I really need/want for my porch.

Get a varifocal IR dome with led array, the tiny LEDs on dahua little dome sucks!

HD-CVI can not be used for a long distance over 50 Meter, if not for pure copper cable. But they keep claiming "upto 500 meter", in spite of the fact losing some colors. Some seem to cheat on others. We better wait for the technology getting matured, in my opinion.

I have no need for longer runs, it's for my home. To me, the distance issue is irrelevant.

Very informative thread.

Get a varifocal IR dome with led array, the tiny LEDs on dahua little dome sucks!

Thanks for the suggestions, but can you provide me a model to look at or perhaps a link?

I found this site, they seem to have quite a few compatible cameras.

Well, it seems I cant post links? I was going to point to the dome cameras on the securitycameraking dot com website..

I have no need for longer runs, it's for my home. To me, the distance issue is irrelevant.

So far none of the retrofit demo I have tested fail using the CVI. Even those without signal on SDI is perfect using CVI. Btw, 500m SDI camera will be ready soon.

Is plug and play cable okay to use for cvi? I understand good rg59 coax is preferred but cvi is always touted as the easy replacement for your analog system. Many people, including me, used plug and play cables years ago. Most of my runs are 60-75' tops. Usable?

Is plug and play cable okay to use for cvi? I understand good rg59 coax is preferred but cvi is always touted as the easy replacement for your analog system. Many people, including me, used plug and play cables years ago. Most of my runs are 60-75' tops. Usable?

So far my experience is if the analog has signal the cvi will have no problem but none of those are DIY. Guess you will need to buy from those shops that allows return. For testing purpose I will test it out later today. I am in cctv haven now! Everything can be found here! Shenzhen!

Here is the answer, no problem with a 50 meter run " title="Applause" />

891266969_CVIwith50meterreadymadecable.thumb.jpg.9f9abbc08740cfb08265e1b84666fcff.jpg

What exactly are you showing? What would be something to see is a snapshot export from actual footage to see what it's looking like.

What exactly are you showing? What would be something to see is a snapshot export from actual footage to see what it's looking like.

I tested a CVI camera with a 50 meter roll standard cable with a CVI DVR and it works perfectly. No degradation of the resolution at all.

Cool. There have been conflicting reports about using plug and play cables. Any images from footage would be great. Even video clips. Thanks!

So far my experience is if the analog has signal the cvi will have no problem but none of those are DIY. Guess you will need to buy from those shops that allows return. For testing purpose I will test it out later today. I am in cctv haven now! Everything can be found here! Shenzhen!

Try the roast duck (or I think they use goose) in Shenzhen!

Dear Msecure,

Is HD-CVI for 720P (1.3 MP) that can run 50 meter on a good copper cable?

Can you please confirm?

Dear Msecure,

Is HD-CVI for 720P (1.3 MP) that can run 50 meter on a good copper cable?

Can you please confirm?

It is 500 not 50 meter. But furthest I have tested is about 350 meter on Belden RG6 CCS.

Is the HDCVI signal digital (like DVI/HDMI) or is it analog (like VGA/Component, CVBS, S-Video)?

Is the picture degradation due to increasing length / interference gradual?

Another one tricky demo footage. Actually, for most CMOS in house is great to view but I wondering how is outdoor particularly in low lux site

Well, with the Sony Exmor IMX238 for 1.3Mp & IMX222 for 1080p, the quality is quite good in low lux.

I am installing an HD-CVI 960p system on my property (business) and I have cable runs that go up to 200 meters. I want to know if I can get by using rg59 (solid copper, high quality, direct burial - something I already have) or if I will be better served by rg6 (same quality as rg59).

Essentially, I am asking if I stand to gain anything in the way of image quality by using rg6 at that distance. OR, at what distance would rg6 make a difference in image quality - assuming all cables are high quality, solid copper?

I am installing an HD-CVI 960p system on my property (business) and I have cable runs that go up to 200 meters. I want to know if I can get by using rg59 (solid copper, high quality, direct burial - something I already have) or if I will be better served by rg6 (same quality as rg59).

Essentially, I am asking if I stand to gain anything in the way of image quality by using rg6 at that distance. OR, at what distance would rg6 make a difference in image quality - assuming all cables are high quality, solid copper?

As long as full copper RG59 or RG6 also will give the same quality @200 meter

Have you tested HDCVI with RG6 yourself? If so, do you know what the specs are on that RG6 cable?

We've had nearly 100% of our customers using RG6 end up with terrible results when using it with HDCVI.

Have you tested HDCVI with RG6 yourself? If so, do you know what the specs are on that RG6 cable?

We've had nearly 100% of our customers using RG6 end up with terrible results when using it with HDCVI.

What do you mean by terrible results? Is the video with interference or no signal at all? Any video clips?

Sorry, I don't even have still shots anymore for you. I would describe it as interference, but cable is being run totally independent from anything else. I admittedly don't have a lot of experience using RG6 so I can't even touch what the problem might be for these people. I was prepared to call it "user error", but for almost all of them to be doing it wrong seems unlikely. Most of these people have been installing for 20+ years.

The fact that swapping the cable for good RG59 solved the issue on all accounts tells me that it's got to be cable related.

There are other issues to consider such as the quality and type of cable. The rg59 might have been a much better cable in most or all of those situations. I don't know how many anecdotal examples you have, but maybe the rg6 cable was copper clad aluminum (CCA). I have read that hdcvi video starts to degrade pretty rapidly over aluminum. I know there are far fewer choices of rg6 than rg59 cable available and it is possible that those installs were done with inferior cable, though less likely if you have a lot of examples.