msecure

HDCVI video

There are other issues to consider such as the quality and type of cable. The rg59 might have been a much better cable in most or all of those situations. I don't know how many anecdotal examples you have, but maybe the rg6 cable was copper clad aluminum (CCA). I have read that hdcvi video starts to degrade pretty rapidly over aluminum. I know there are far fewer choices of rg6 than rg59 cable available and it is possible that those installs were done with inferior cable, though less likely if you have a lot of examples.

You're definitely correct about HDCVI degrading over CCA. I can honestly say though that these guys are using solid copper. I know because they made me sell it to them against my advice

There are other issues to consider such as the quality and type of cable. The rg59 might have been a much better cable in most or all of those situations. I don't know how many anecdotal examples you have, but maybe the rg6 cable was copper clad aluminum (CCA). I have read that hdcvi video starts to degrade pretty rapidly over aluminum. I know there are far fewer choices of rg6 than rg59 cable available and it is possible that those installs were done with inferior cable, though less likely if you have a lot of examples.

You're definitely correct about HDCVI degrading over CCA. I can honestly say though that these guys are using solid copper. I know because they made me sell it to them against my advice

Are you very sure about your source for the full copper RG6?

Are you very sure about your source for the full copper RG6?

Over the years, I've learned to assume that anything that comes from China is a lie (sorry China). For that reason, everything is verified when it comes into our warehouse, and again before it leaves; this includes cutting into cable to ensure it's what it's supposed to be.

I wanted to update this thread real quick since I haven't seen anyone post any low light images yet for HDCVI. I've posted a couple screenshots before showing how CVI compares to IP in daylight conditions. The easiest way to describe the difference between them was that CVI presented itself well as far as clarity was concerned but the contrast always seemed to be faded when compared side by side with IP. Low light is kind of nasty as I see it. If you haven't seen the previous images, on the left we have a Dahua IP 2MP Aptina sensor at 3.6mm, and on the right is a Dahua HDCVI 2MP "DH5000" sensor (presumably) at 3.6mm. The ambient lighting outside is significant enough that the IR boards to remain off. The only advantage the CVI camera seems to have here is the amount of noise going on in the image. That being said, I haven't touched the settings on either camera yet. I'll add that I also have a Dahua 2MP IP PTZ (no IR) out there right now as well with a Sony sensor and the amount of noise is about dead even between that and the HDCVI camera.

dynamic-range-img-raw.thumb.png.67f4bacccbdf1d28625f1076b3d779cf.png

Does anyone know of a reliable video test monitor for HDCVI? Or, of a converter from HDCVI to NTSC/PAL so that an analog monitor can be used?

Does anyone know of a reliable video test monitor for HDCVI? Or, of a converter from HDCVI to NTSC/PAL so that an analog monitor can be used?

Any HD-CVI DVR are your "converter"

You are right Don. One of my friend have test same examination, put DAHUA 1080P IPC and CVI, but fortunately, CVI can't show up equivalent qaulity. Even HikVision same poor result, so I wondering why.

Quick Question:

Using HD-SDI signal, I was told I have to use rg59 or rg6 with full copper.

Is "full copper coax cable" meaning full copper conductor and full copper braid as well? or Can I use full copper conductor with cca braid?

https://www.honeywellcable.com/CatalogDocuments/RG59-BC-Shield-vs-CCA-Shield.pdf

I have been using Honeywell 6508 cables(full copper conductor/cca braid).

Quick Question:

Using HD-SDI signal, I was told I have to use rg59 or rg6 with full copper.

Is "full copper coax cable" meaning full copper conductor and full copper braid as well? or Can I use full copper conductor with cca braid?

https://www.honeywellcable.com/CatalogDocuments/RG59-BC-Shield-vs-CCA-Shield.pdf

I have been using Honeywell 6508 cables(full copper conductor/cca braid).

Just full copper conductor will be fine but make sure cable rated as 3GHz.

I used several HDSDI cameras, and a single HDCVI PTZ camera mounted about 150 feet from the stage. I used a DH-TP2105 to convert the signal into HDMI and then fed that into a frame rate converter (output was 60 frames, all other cams were @ 1080p25) then into a blackmagic 4K switcher along with the four other hdSDI cameras, You can see the results here http://carnavalmiami.tv.

My question is: there was a bit of a delay from the HDCVI, I am trying to see if that was due to the frame rate converter or if it is inherent in HDCVI, with usual applications the slight delay would not be an issue but with several cameras and music it is.

There could not be delay for HD-CVI processing, itself.

The Chipset for HD CVI does not carry any buffers(DRAM memory) to hold and delay. But its front end ISP chipset may carry a dram for 3D noise reduction processing. Or its back end CoDec(say, H.264) must have DRAMs for compressing video data and displaying videos. Meanwhile, audio does not need much delay for processing. In general, audio arrives and plays earlier than video. So a slight delaying of audio can synchronize to video being displayed.

I used several HDSDI cameras, and a single HDCVI PTZ camera mounted about 150 feet from the stage. I used a DH-TP2105 to convert the signal into HDMI and then fed that into a frame rate converter (output was 60 frames, all other cams were @ 1080p25) then into a blackmagic 4K switcher along with the four other hdSDI cameras, You can see the results here http://carnavalmiami.tv.

My question is: there was a bit of a delay from the HDCVI, I am trying to see if that was due to the frame rate converter or if it is inherent in HDCVI, with usual applications the slight delay would not be an issue but with several cameras and music it is.

Nice video! But which clip is CVI & which is SDI? When I view livestream very jerky so did not bother to compare. Also, why don't you just use SDI PTZ. The converter is so much cheaper. And camera also not much difference in price.

Note:Just notice the Blackmagic 4K takes SDI input so you don't need any converter