hobbytime

what satalite provider for security monitoring...

Hello, I hope this is posted in the right spot..I bought a samsung security system and have it hooked up,all works good except the internet connection..presently I have dish net, and the tech people at samsung state the dvr isnt able to make contact with the proper ip address as dish may be blocking ports..so my question is ..what satellite provider can you remote monitor your security system from? thank you for any information..

Ive got Hughesnet and a Lorex 4 camera ultra wide angle camera system, set it up on a thursday went away for 2 and 1/2 days came home and found that I had used about 4 gig of data on a 20 gig allotment per month, needless to say that I have been on reduced bandwidth for almost a week with 3 days to go. I didnt have it setup right but was able to view live video while away. Until I can get a different internet provider my DVR wont be connected to the internet.

Ive got Hughesnet and a Lorex 4 camera ultra wide angle camera system, set it up on a thursday went away for 2 and 1/2 days came home and found that I had used about 4 gig of data on a 20 gig allotment per month, needless to say that I have been on reduced bandwidth for almost a week with 3 days to go. I didnt have it setup right but was able to view live video while away. Until I can get a different internet provider my DVR wont be connected to the internet.

Either someone else has access to your DVR or you were watching the cams A LOT...that is an insane amount of data to use..something is wrong.