LittleScoobyMaster

Anyone using GV-VMS yet?

So I am kind of new here...just purchased and installed some GV IP cameras, and they are pretty nice! Next I installed GV-VMS which seems like it installed A LOT of other stuff, and the DVD that ships with the cameras must have had 40 programs on it....

Anyways, I fire up VMS, I go to INSTALL CAMERA, it searches, finds the ones I have, I configure them so their status is GREEN, then close the window. NOTHING comes up in monitor. Now in fairness, there was a patch on their website, which when extracted has two folders mostly of DLLs or INFs and no instructions on what to do with them.

Any way I can see my cameras? I can see them one at a time through the URL. But I wanted VMS so I could monitor and record them.

If not, any other software options out there?

So I am kind of new here...just purchased and installed some GV IP cameras, and they are pretty nice! Next I installed GV-VMS which seems like it installed A LOT of other stuff, and the DVD that ships with the cameras must have had 40 programs on it....

Anyways, I fire up VMS, I go to INSTALL CAMERA, it searches, finds the ones I have, I configure them so their status is GREEN, then close the window. NOTHING comes up in monitor. Now in fairness, there was a patch on their website, which when extracted has two folders mostly of DLLs or INFs and no instructions on what to do with them.

Any way I can see my cameras? I can see them one at a time through the URL. But I wanted VMS so I could monitor and record them.

After you install them, you have to then assign them to a camera number. Usually, from the Install camera location is where you do that. You right click and click Display camera at this position.

Hi,

It seems that you have added camera to VMS but did not place the camera to live view layout. Please try press "F5" key on your keyboard to bring up the content list and under "camera" you can expand all the cameras then use your mouse to drag the cameras (one by one) you want directly to add to VMS live view layout. If you are not satisfied with live view layout you can customize it under "layout" in content list.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Guest

After you install them, you have to then assign them to a camera number. Usually, from the Install camera location is where you do that. You right click and click Display camera at this position.

Hi,

Doug is using VMS not NVR/Multicam so...

Tried using latest version 15.10 of VMS. It kept crashing on me. Called Geovision and they tried to help but kept saying they have no record of complaints, so they didn't know what to do. They thought the latest version worked out all the bugs. I did 3 "deep" uninstalls, and never could get it to work right. Going back to NVR/DRV program. It wasn't pretty, but it was reliable.

Guys how do i add my Android video stream to my Geovision vms?

For example the Ocular network app to stream cctv video`s from your old android phone (so you can use a phone as a extra camera)

How can i correctly ad the following streams?

Camera Ip address is 192.168.1.133

rtsp://192.168.1.133:8080/h264

rtsp://192.168.1.133:8080/jpg

http://192.168.1.133:8080

http://192.168.1.133:8080/live.mjpeg

http://192.168.1.133:8080/live.jpg

http://192.168.1.133:8080/onvif/device_service

Just to update my earlier comment-

We've been deploying GV-VMS v15 on new systems for about 4 months now and it is definitely much more stable than v14. Have not had any issues that I can attribute to a bug.

And just to give Geovision some credit, we do have a few v14 systems out there that started off quite 'rough' but Geovision was able to log into and patch them up and they have been rock solid for close to a year now. (they are v14 but 'patched' to run a few v15 components). If anyone is having issues, email support@geovision.com.tw, the support is VERY good, better than most company's I've dealt with.

Just to update my earlier comment-

We've been deploying GV-VMS v15 on new systems for about 4 months now and it is definitely much more stable than v14. Have not had any issues that I can attribute to a bug.

And just to give Geovision some credit, we do have a few v14 systems out there that started off quite 'rough' but Geovision was able to log into and patch them up and they have been rock solid for close to a year now. (they are v14 but 'patched' to run a few v15 components). If anyone is having issues, email support@geovision.com.tw, the support is VERY good, better than most company's I've dealt with.

Did you upgrade your GV-NVR dongle to GV-VMS? If so, curious how much it cost, unless it was for GV-IP devices only.

Do they have a linux version? I just bought a GEOVISION NVR that runs linux - haven't even installed yet and hopefully I can install or it automatically grabs the latest version.

Thanks

Wow - Linux for Geovision? I had not heard of it.

I haven't either.

I think the Geo Nas devices run linux but I thought that was just because it's like a linux NAS app of some kind, I don't know if GV-NVR is running on Linux or just the storage software application. I haven't seen a location to d/l the linux version anyway.

http://www.worldeyecam.com/gv-nas2008-2hdd-bay-linux-based-network-attached-storage-device.html?gclid=CKK58P2_9s0CFZSIaQodhi8Piw

The old NVR dongle seems to work after reinstalling it and reboot the pc.

Got image, amd if i pull the dongle out it stops. Re-enter the stick and its rocording.

So it seems like the old dongle works om GV-VMS to

Curious if your GV-NVR dongle is still working for GV-VMS?

All their NVR's run embedded linux, which is what I have but havent installed in my home yet...

My question was, does the new VMS software run on Linux or if anyone had any experience with it.

All their NVR's run embedded linux, which is what I have but havent installed in my home yet...

My question was, does the new VMS software run on Linux or if anyone had any experience with it.

A Linux version isn't available on their website, at least not in the regular download area:

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/5_8.asp