reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

After some troubles i did. I don't see anything new.

Hi Szymon. With this update, do you still have either HDMI and/or VGA outputs working?

How did you finally install correctly?

Thanks.

I installed it remotely via firefox (IE didn't allow me to - when i tried to upload .update it immedietly failed with error message pop up).

Both outputs work ok.

Did your update finished with "update successful, reboot device" or simmilar message?

In case of any trouble try telnet recovery found somewhere in the begining of this thread. After power up you should get ping from 192.168.1.188 and few seconds later IP that you set up should also reply. If your usb ports seem to work try autoupdate from urccstvstore. Anyway my usb was dead (but thanks to Mike Mahon it works ok now) so i was forced to do telnet update using esata hdd with recovery files.

BUT REMEMBER to plug Hdd after few minutes from power up! If you plug it while device is rebooting NVR will format the drive (at least that was in initial firmware).

Connection to device works with telnet protocol. Login and password is also somewhere in this thread or you can find it easily via google.

I received an update 20160607 from Escam and installed that but I couldn't preview or backup my cameras in IE ActiveX mode but I could preview in Non ActiveX mode (backup not available in Non ActiveX mode). I have now installed update 20160707 but still have the same problem. Can anyone who has upgraded to 20160707 preview their cameras in IE ActiveX mode?

I have tried uninstalling IE plugin and reinstalling it but that didn't help.

Hi there! I've just updated my N6200-8E to the last firmware available "20160707_0153_mini_8ch_A.update".

Unfortunatelly, the configuration was lost and now it doesn't record but the worst thing is that the USB are both death! Maybe I can move the arrow only during the boot. So, I can't recovery the previus firmware because the NVR ignores the USBs... I've searched in all forum and also on web but nothing

Any suggestions?

tnx

Andrea

Hi everybody,

i'am running a fcs-4044 Levelone with the mini nvr2 and can't get the motion detection work. Probably it is because they modified the onvif protocol. I've tried connecting with i12,i13,i18 but get no response. Is there a private protocol available for this kind of camera ???

Thank you

hello,

I have an old Sricam AP003 without onvif support. I am trying to connect to my new super mini nvr. I upgrated to the latest firmware [20160707] and applied the patch enable_rtsp protocol. Now there is a new option in the dropdown menu for RTSP procotol. I suppose that this is the solution but I can't find the correct settings for my Sricam.

Any ideas? thanks in advance

hello,

I have an old Sricam AP003 without onvif support. I am trying to connect to my new super mini nvr. I upgrated to the latest firmware [20160707] and applied the patch enable_rtsp protocol. Now there is a new option in the dropdown menu for RTSP procotol. I suppose that this is the solution but I can't find the correct settings for my Sricam.

Any ideas? thanks in advance

Can you see your Sircam in the Preview window? If not, it might be a problem with the upgrade. Prior to upgrading I was able to view my cameras in Preview and Playback windows but now I can't see them in ActiveX mode. Have you tried setting up and viewing in Non ActiveX mode?

I have problem with Super mini NVR. Recording didn't replacing the older files. Recording stop and only format disc can help. In some previous version I have option in menu (I think in "device info") "Replace record" but in 20160707 and 20151231 and 20150808 I can't see that. Anybody help???

in firmware 20141030 factory default is to replace old video when HDD is full. no need to set it. We hided the selections.

What's about v. 20160707? I can't see that field in menu?

I've solved the problem of not being able to see my cameras in IE ActiveX mode by resetting my N6200-8E network setting to default but I still can't backup recorded video. The default location for backup files is C:\Program Files (x86)\BACKUP and a backup appears to work as it shows the % done until it reaches 100% but there is nothing in the default location. Has anyone successfully backed up video using IE? If so, how did you do it and where were the backup files saved?

Try to set a backup's directory with a simple name without space,(,),.......

I've tried that but when I try to change the default location I save it and a red "success" is displayed then it immediately reverts back to the default.

lesterb Re backup.

I tried many approaches but so far I can only get one approach to work. This is the method:

Run Windows XP. MS-IE #8.

I run Win XP in VMWare, mainly as I've thrown nearly all my old computers away.

With this approach I can change the pathnames in menu

Then in screen I press the backup button, select camera, time and AVI.

Percentages go to 100% & there are the files in the backup pathnames I chose in

I tried MS-Edge, Google Chrome, MS-IE 11, Mozilla on Windows 10 - No joy. Couldn't change pathnames. Appears to backup when I select backup, but nothing appears on my local HDD

I tried Windows 7, again No joy.

My SuperMini NVR NV6200-8E setup is v4.0[20151231]

Hope that helps.

if anyone has been successful using Windows 10 I'd be glad to hear.

Thanks Macaroni-2000,

I'm glad it is not just me.

Joe from Escam support told me he tried it in Windows 10 32 bit version and it was OK. Of course the only Windows 10 computers I have access to are all 64 bit.

Escam now have a new model K508 and I would be prepared to upgrade if I could get a guarantee that it would work in Windows 10 64 bit.

Regards,

Lester

Thanks lesterb for the reply, useful info on backing up. So someone has done it...

So I've checked Win10x86, fresh from MS and stock setup doesn't work in supporting change of the pathnames, backing up to local disk. IE-11. Win build 14393.

I tried a few other changes, but the one that worked was:

Go to IE11, Internet Options, Security Tab, uncheck

restart IE11.

Ignore security warning, login to your Mini-NVR. I could change pathnames and also successfully perform a backup.

I repeated this on Win10x64, just unchecking the , and viola it also is successful. IE build 11.187.14393.0

There maybe other approaches that also work, but IE with Protected Mode disabled works for me in both x86 & x64 windows 10. I'd recommend re-enabling Protected Mode once you've done your backups.

Thank you very much Marconi-2000 that was the solution.

What I had to do;

1. Uncheck in IE Security (I'll leave it like this because it's the only thing I use IE for).

2. Reset Default file folders. System default is C:/Program Files (x86)/BACKUP but when I click on the browse button and select the same folder it changes to C://Program Files (x86)//BACKUP. (Note: Double //).

3. Normal process for backing up recorded video.

I'll have to let Escam support know the solution as they didn't have the answer and kept saying it works.

Thanks once again.

Lester

I have read up on a lot of these pages

The NVR i am currently working on is:

V4.0[20150808]

V4.0

ordered it rhought alibaba.

I have 2 camera's which are working OK.

I have just installed an external 2.5inch 500GB eSATA harddrive but it doesnt seem to register it.

I have connected the HDD with eSATA only.

The HDD works OK when i attach it to a laptop.

Are there any commands i can do in the linux telnet terminal to mount the drive or something ?

V4.0[20150808]

V4.0

I have just installed an external 2.5inch 500GB eSATA harddrive but it doesnt seem to register it.

Are there any commands i can do in the linux telnet terminal to mount the drive or something ?

Hi, Yes, I had the same issue. I'm on v4.0[20151231]. I can get one or two USB drives registering, but whenever I plug one in on the eSATA it doesn't register even though I can get the same eSATA working fine via the same interface on other computers. I read somewhere although I don't know if it's correct, that the eSATA interface on these mini NVR devices don't provide power & thus other power is needed to be provided to the HDD. I haven't been able to confirm this though.

Therefore you won't benefit by telnetting in & trying to mount like you would on a standard linux machine.

So try a USB interface for the HDD if you can.

Hope this helps you.

V4.0[20150808]

V4.0

Hi, Yes, I had the same issue. I'm on v4.0[20151231]. I can get one or two USB drives registering, but whenever I plug one in on the eSATA it doesn't register even though I can get the same eSATA working fine via the same interface on other computers. I read somewhere although I don't know if it's correct, that the eSATA interface on these mini NVR devices don't provide power & thus other power is needed to be provided to the HDD. I haven't been able to confirm this though.

Therefore you won't benefit by telnetting in & trying to mount like you would on a standard linux machine.

So try a USB interface for the HDD if you can.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks.

I have also tried it with the USB option also doesnt work.

The HDD also has an external power supply.

Will see if i can find another HDD.

Thanks.

I have also tried it with the USB option also doesnt work.

The HDD also has an external power supply.

Will see if i can find another HDD.

Try upgrading to the latest firmware. If that doesn't work try emailing Joe at support@escam.cn. He is very slow to answer but he may be able to help.

Hi,

I am running ESCAM N6200-4E (firmware 20160707) and 2 Vivotek FD8154V

Even both cameras are configured same, I can get video only from one (and it took me about 3 hours to get this shi*ty nvr configured...) - the second one gives me "Video Exception" even I am trying whatever I want.

I see both cameras as "connected" and in Settings -> System -> Stream Info, both streams are active and showing data flow.

My cameras are 1280x1024 and the stream type set is 4x[1280x720]+sub[960x576]+4Ref.+4Play --- not sure about this settings as there is no resolutin matching my cameras...

Really confusing...- any idea what might be causing issues with my camera?

Thanks!

Hi maara

You need to change the stream (4x[1280x720]). This first part has to be equal or greater than the resolution of the cameras.