scotland1980

Splitting ethernet cctv signal

Hi all

I have a 16 cctv system running with baluns and cat5e cables for video signals

All running back to a dvr in the security office

Manager is now asking for own dvr in own office off feeds of cameras

But i am unsure how to split the ethernet cable to feed both dvrs

Looking for a 4 in 8 out spliter for ethernet can only really find bnc but dont want to use bnc cables as there would be to many to hide in offices

All other rj45 splitters are unpowererd so i know they no good

Any one any ideas thx

That would work i know, but my problem with that is company laptop is connected to LAN server and this wont allow to install any software or change settings on laptop so cant install cms software, guess there no easy way of doing it

Is he a manager or what? Why can't he get a user permission on his laptop to install the CMS?

Next you can try: connect through web browser.

Splitting video signals is a very complicated thing. If you just connect two DVR inputs in parallel to the same camera output, there will very probably be some interference. To get clear picture you must use video splitter amplifiers (1 IN - 2OUT) for every DVR input.

If you have cat5 cable with video baluns, it's not Ethernet. It's just the same cable type , simply using twisted paired wires for signal transfer and that's all.

Is he a manager or what? Why can't he get a user permission on his laptop to install the CMS?

Next you can try: connect through web browser.

Splitting video signals is a very complicated thing. If you just connect two DVR inputs in parallel to the same camera output, there will very probably be some interference. To get clear picture you must use video splitter amplifiers (1 IN - 2OUT) for every DVR input.

If you have cat5 cable with video baluns, it's not Ethernet. It's just the same cable type , simply using twisted paired wires for signal transfer and that's all.

If it was a professional company that did the cctv install my company's IT would have no problem with CMS software.

But they wont allow untested software on their servers sadly.

Adding a bnc splitter will just get messy i was hoping there be some kind of rj45/cat5e/ethernet duplication amp device, a 8:16 split, but i can only find such a device for bnc.

How about a KVM extender that would require one cat6 between your office and his and he would have the video, keyboard and mouse to control and view the unit

This not a bad idea i will go and research this thankyou