Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_G

HD WiFi Installation Advice for my Motorcycle Trailer

Good evening everyone. I hope this is posted in the correct section of the forum.

I have a 6' X 12' trailer that I store my motorcycle in and transport it for service/track days. This weekend I am installing LED lights, 4 electrical outlets that will be hooked up to LAN power (similar to an RV setup). I want to put two cameras in the trailer (inside), one at the front looking at the rear of the trailer and one at the rear looking to the front. I want to record on a continuous basis while it is parked in my yard for security. I would also like to be able to view the inside of the trailer as I am rolling down the road ( there will be a power inverter installed so that I can use the power from my tow vehicle to keep the cameras going).

This is why I am looking at WiFi cameras that come with a monitor that does not require constant internet. I don't know if this is possible at all which is why I am asking for your help. I would like 720P High Defintion or better if that is also possible. I have awesome internet at my home with a 220 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up from Xfinity and I utilize my Netgear X6 Nighthawk router. As far as mobile I am on Sprint 4G and could use my phone as a hot spot if needed.

I hope I have described what I am looking for in enough detail. I am looking forward to any advice you can provide me!

Thanks!

Jeff

IMG_0691.thumb.jpg.5ce412d60a5b20d53ee122af459cf1f3.jpg

a few questions

1.) Why do you want to record continiously? This makes researching an actual event really difficult as you have to sift through hours and hours of footage. Typically it works best when cameras record only on motion sensing.

2.) Why have cameras inside trailer? Would be easier to have cameras on your home aimed at the trailer. That way you can do everthing with wires instead of wireless.

3.) What is the point of viewing inside your trailer as you drive down the road??

If theft of your bike is a concern, cameras inside the trailer is pretty risky. It would be very easy for theif to simply tear down cameras. And that system you linked, the footage is stored in the camera. So if theif takes the camera, he is also taking the recorded footage.

Even under a perfect camera set up, understand that cameras only record what has already happened. Your bike is gone, even if you have a face, you may or may not get an ID on the person. Even if police catch them, they may have already pawned or traded bike. They may go to prison, but you will not be reimbursed for bike. Nothing beats physical barries to theft like locks, metal, bars, concrete, etc