SMS

Question about Analog to Digital converters

Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and any forum for that matter. I'm with a company in Dubai that is trying to use ANPR software but to make it compatible with existing analog cameras. So the problem is, the analog camera is HD, but when it gets to our OCR software, it has to go through an analog to ip converter first, and (correct me if I'm wrong)that degrades the quality of the image. So my question is: is there a converter that will keep the image sharp enough for the OCR software to work? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, happy new year and thanks help!

-Michael

Hi Michael,

Can you please share the model of your analog HD camera?

you can get D1 resolution very easily

Best,

Saad Masood

Thank you for your response, Saad.

The camera that we are using is a Samsung SCO-6083 RP.

Thanks for the help!

-Michael

almelst,

I agree this is how it should have been done in the first place, using an IP camera. Unfortunately, the analog camera is already in place and I was hoping to find a solution where we didn't have to switch cameras. Is there a converter you can recommend that will do the job? I have not been able to find one.

Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and any forum for that matter. I'm with a company in Dubai that is trying to use ANPR software but to make it compatible with existing analog cameras. So the problem is, the analog camera is HD, but when it gets to our OCR software, it has to go through an analog to ip converter first, and (correct me if I'm wrong)that degrades the quality of the image. So my question is: is there a converter that will keep the image sharp enough for the OCR software to work? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, happy new year and thanks help!

-Michael

Hi. A encoder would not degrade your image .... But it looks like you are using analog HD. And that would be cvi tvi or AHD and that is your problem ....... They are expensive.

Some HD analog allow you to output analog and then you can add a encoder which are a lot cheaper than HD encoders. But you would then loose the camera from your recorder.

Adding a IP camera just for your ANPR at same location is the cheapest.

If you are using cvi you can recall an IP from the recorder if your software allows that option.