custhasno

Advice needed

I need some advice or recommendations on a good CCTV system to purchase for a friend.

The system is required in a business that provides horse riding lessons to children and is basically barn being used an indoor arena 70ftx40ft that's fully lit. Right next to it is a portacabin, which is going to be used as a viewing gallery for the parents so they can see.

After some research I am of the opinion I should be going for a POE system, and the friend only wants 2 cameras for inside the barn both of which are less that 100m from where they want it displayed.

The problem I am having is most of the systems I can see come either with IR vision or 4 cameras and these are often 2.1 megapixel cameras.

Are there any systems out there's (available in the UK) that would give me a 2-4ch PVR 1TB HDD with 2 cameras good enough to see the children's faces and expressions. Or would 2.1mp be ok?

Why not just get a 4 camera system and put 1 camera in each corner of the barn? You cant really put just 2 cameras on the viewing screen anyway. Usually its one camera and then the next viewing option is 4 cameras. Yes I agree that IP POE is the way to go. I'd probably go with 3MP or 5MP cameras.

Thanks, Yeah the 3mp takes it up towards £400 with the 2.1mp is about £250 could you give me a good comparison for what the difference in quality would be please? I'm thinking it's similar to a front facing smart phone camera at a few ft? I've no cctv experience but get asked to do stuff like this for friends who are technophobes, so I need them to understand the difference in the choice before they can decide

Thanks, Yeah the 3mp takes it up towards £400 with the 2.1mp is about £250 could you give me a good comparison for what the difference in quality would be please? I'm thinking it's similar to a front facing smart phone camera at a few ft? I've no cctv experience but get asked to do stuff like this for friends who are technophobes, so I need them to understand the difference in the choice before they can decide

Hi. When ever you see 2.1 MP that is for tvi or cvi cameras and not IP which is POE.

Tvi or cvi use coax or cat5 but also need a power feed

IP is car5 and can have power in same cable POE -power over eithernet.

But for your requirements you are not going to see the expression on the faces without also having some interaction with the screen. .... (Using mouse to zoom in) what is your budget. .?

I didn't realise megapixeks where tied to poe, I'm seemingly going lots of poe systems that have 2.1 or 3 megapixeks cameras. Budget is £200-£400

Only IP cameras are capable of POE (power over ethernet)

2.1MP is not as common IP camera, but not impossible.

Typically IP cameras are 1.3MP, 2MP, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP. The larger the MP does not mean its more detailed. It means it captures more area. So if you got a 1.3MP camera and a 3MP camera, the 3 would not show a face better unless you zoomed in on a certain area. The 3 shows more area.

here is an example

https://www.eclipsesurveillance.com/assets/images/AHD%20KIT%20PAGE/HD%20Megapixel.png

Only IP cameras are capable of POE (power over ethernet)

2.1MP is not as common IP camera, but not impossible.

Typically IP cameras are 1.3MP, 2MP, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP. The larger the MP does not mean its more detailed. It means it captures more area. So if you got a 1.3MP camera and a 3MP camera, the 3 would not show a face better unless you zoomed in on a certain area. The 3 shows more area.

And if 1.3MP and 3MP have exactly the same field of view

would u agree that u will get more details?

Whaterever camera resolution is used, your monitor will probably have max FullHD resolution (1920 x 1080 ~ 2 Mpix) so you won't see any difference in picture quality with 3 or 4 Mpix cameras unless you manually zoom in. Digital zoom from to 4 Mpix to 2 Mpix is only approx. 1.4 ratio, but much higher price ratio. You'll get better result with four 2MP cameras than with two 5 MP.

PoE IP or analog HD (TVI,CVI AHD) ? PoE IP is simpler for wiring, the analog HD is cheaper.

Whaterever camera resolution is used, your monitor will probably have max FullHD resolution (1920 x 1080 ~ 2 Mpix) so you won't see any difference in picture quality with 3 or 4 Mpix cameras unless you manually zoom in. Digital zoom from to 4 Mpix to 2 Mpix is only approx. 1.4 ratio, but much higher price ratio. You'll get better result with four 2MP cameras than with two 5 MP.

PoE IP or analog HD (TVI,CVI AHD) ? PoE IP is simpler for wiring, the analog HD is cheaper.

just for fun

look what more pix can do for you

1821932270_zoomsample1.thumb.jpg.2d08653c405c303d57da51b3bd87a8b7.jpg

Ak357,

It's certainly a fun looking at these pictures, but it ain't no fun paying the camera to get them. I guess that the second and the third picture are digitaly zoomed from the first one, otherwise it wouldn't be any fun at all. Btw, what is the camera's resolution?

Ak357,

It's certainly a fun looking at these pictures, but it ain't no fun paying the camera to get them. I guess that the second and the third picture are digitaly zoomed from the first one, otherwise it wouldn't be any fun at all. Btw, what is the camera's resolution?

16MP