ffbgr

Plz help--ongoing property damage

I desperately need reliable software for review of NVR footage.

The motion detection software on the QC NVR is truly hit or miss--failing to record many motion events.

The incidents are typically quite brief.

NVR is QC8816

Cameras are QCN8026B

Hope there's a reliable software solution for this

I'd prefer not to replace the NVR, but would consider doing so if that is the only/most cost effective option.

I had purchased the system because it was recommended for someone else on this forums.

Thanks for your ideas.

1) Recording is continuous already.

To more easily find incidents on past video would be a great benefit.

2) Increased sensitivity may (or may not) help to trigger additional events but w/o a better way to sort people from lighting changes due to passing vehicles, etc. it would not be particularly useful due to sheer number of daily events.

I say may not trigger more events because a person can sometimes walk across the entire field of view without any motion detection, then other times the exact same movements will trigger motion recording.

The problem of sorting through 100+ motion events daily would remain.

Region of Interest is already set to minimize motion events.

For future incidents, I realize that a perimeter breach device with an alert and motion sensitive lighting could work well,

but reviewing past footage quickly would be great.

Is there a software solution for sorting through events better?

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

The best solution is using NVR IVA alarm push function, like Intrusion Detection Alarm Push or Tripwire Detection Alarm Push. The IVA function in IP camera is poor because its processor is low speed. By IVA alarm, you can define the moving object minimum size and maximum size, moving speed, moving dierction, video detection area and tripwire etc. These configurations could greatly elliminate a lot of false alarm usually generated by Motion Detection. Combing with Alarm Push function, you can recieve alarm message and grabbed picture. Amazon has this type of NVR, it is ILDVR brand name.

Thanks for your ideas.

1) Recording is continuous already.

To more easily find incidents on past video would be a great benefit.

2) Increased sensitivity may (or may not) help to trigger additional events but w/o a better way to sort people from lighting changes due to passing vehicles, etc. it would not be particularly useful due to sheer number of daily events.

I say may not trigger more events because a person can sometimes walk across the entire field of view without any motion detection, then other times the exact same movements will trigger motion recording.

The problem of sorting through 100+ motion events daily would remain.

Region of Interest is already set to minimize motion events.

For future incidents, I realize that a perimeter breach device with an alert and motion sensitive lighting could work well,

but reviewing past footage quickly would be great.

Is there a software solution for sorting through events better?

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Hi can you post a picture of the playback screen on your dvr ?

Tomcctv, thank you for your reply to my inquiry.

I took pictures but don't know how to reduce the file size to meet the 500 Kib limit.

The closest I can find to my NVR is pictured on page 2 but it is not quite identical.

http://q-see.s3.amazonaws.com/content/files/HowToFiles/QC%20Video%20Search-Recording-Backup.pdf

My screen has some odd fish symbol in an oval within a square next to the (#12) File List Search . (Fisheye related??)

All else appears to be the same.

The NVR interface lacks the ability to search at anything faster than real-time speed, unless searching only 1 camera's recordings.

Needless to say, this makes searches at the NVR impractical.

The "QCView " GUI for PC is somewhat of an improvement but the much smaller size of the monitor vs a TV makes searches more difficult..

Are there any programs that will allow me to review video more efficiently--such as one that recognizes humans?

At least then, I could search one camera at a time and locate people more easily.

If compatible programs do exist, how can I send the video directly to PC, so it does not all have to be backed up/converted first?

QSee says somewhere that their video uses proprietary formatting.

Avigilon at least allows searches of the pixels in a small area, so I don't have to be zoomed in and watching endless hours of video.

QSees inaccurate documentation is frustrating.

Their "updated 12/24/16" online NVR user manual fails to accurately detail the features of my QC8816-3 NVR

It doesn't even mention Threshold , nevermind what Threshold is for when adjusting motion sensitivity.

Their assertion that the highest Sensitivity level is 8 is wrong, as mine ranges from 0-100.

I did take ArnoldWei's suggestion and figured out (somewhat) how to adjust motion detection sensitivity, despite this.

Hi. ffbgr

Thanks for the pics. I was checking if it was still a dahua unit ..... And it is.

The QC range is supposed to be q-see pro system but after looking at your links q-see have removed the run man button ...... Why they would remove it as its a main search feature.

So yes you are right it will make motion search long and difficult.

As far as getting images to your PC .... Just load dahua PSS software onto PC and you can watch search and backup from there . It takes some learning but you will get used to it.

Tomorrow I will send you a better manual and other software for your PC.

This is the missing button (found in playback)

image.thumb.jpeg.c6a8427941f4909b8c691ac2a97c7c8d.jpeg

Tomcctv, thanks very much for your help.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I missed that detail and it is present on my NVR's search screen.

It does not appear to work well, though.

Whether I color grid highlight an area or highlight everything except that area, the search results are nearly the same.

Events occurring solely outside the highlighted area show up on the "SmartSearch".

I am looking forward to receiving the manual and better software.

Tomcctv, thanks very much for your help.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I missed that detail and it is present on my NVR's search screen.

It does not appear to work well, though.

Whether I color grid highlight an area or highlight everything except that area, the search results are nearly the same.

Events occurring solely outside the highlighted area show up on the "SmartSearch".

I am looking forward to receiving the manual and better software.

Hi. I just send a new manual and PC software to your pm.

The smart search does not need to have any motion setup ..... So if you go into recording method and pic manual ........ Smart search will work a lot better.

If you have a camera looking at your front door ...... Go to blayback screen in the morning click rum man highlight your door only then press run man again ...it will show everything that happens at your front door.

I don't understand why Q-see have left that from the manual.

Let me know if you have any problems with the PSS PC software.

PM received.

Thank you very much for your help!

One thing I'm finding confusing is passwords.

I didn't want to leave the default PSS password and changed it.

Although PSS sees the NVR (device status shows green), I can not actually log in to the NVR.

I tried to enter the NVR's password in Device Config but it will not allow me to enter symbols in the PW box.

Am I wrong in thinking the PW must be the same as the one I enter on the NVR itself?

Does the PSS program log in PW also have to match the actual NVR PW?

Sorry for my ignorance, I've been trying different combos, which results in the NVR locking me out for 1/2 hour at a time.

Tomcctv, thanks again.

I appreciate the patience and kindnesses.

The manual you sent is far better.