larry123

Unable to view LiveView remotely

Hello:

I set up a DVR for my friend and port forwarded port 80 as internal and external port at the router. Also the range of the port forwarding is 80 to 90.

I can remotely view playback but not LiveView.

Info on the DVR:

SERVER PORT 8000

HTTP PORT 80

RTSP PORT 8554

HTTPS PORT 443

Questions:

1.Does port forwarded port 80 for internal and external port enough for LiveView and playback video?

2.How come I cannot view LiveView remotely?

3.Only FireFox accepted plugin "Web Components" install but other web browser won't work. Why?

4.Is there any other port that I will need to do port forwarding for LiveView?

Both Server and RTSP ports must be forwarded, and HTTP too if you want to access via web browser. So , forward all three of them (HTTPS is not necessary) and avoid using port 80 , rather move HTTP port to some other value.

About Web Components: check if your browsers were closed during installation and check security settings for other browsers.

Both Server and RTSP ports must be forwarded, and HTTP too if you want to access via web browser. So , forward all three of them (HTTPS is not necessary) and avoid using port 80 , rather move HTTP port to some other value.

About Web Components: check if your browsers were closed during installation and check security settings for other browsers.

Hello:

I think I am catching up with the port forwarding a little bit.

I know now I have to port forward HTTP, RTSP and SERVER ports.

1. Shall I use port 90 instead of port 80?

2. How come I must provide internal port as well?

Thanks

Hello Sir!

Good day everyone im newbie here in your forum.. I've encounter same problem in this post. I'm really confused about portforwarding..anyone can help me about this matter..i try xmeye.net,p2p cloud. but nothing happen..i installed the dvr outside network but i apply the site which i mention.. nothing happen..what should i do..Please help me...thanks and more power...

Most DVR's and NVR's support UPNP (universal Plug and Play) If you are struggling understanding the fundamentals of port forwarding then as long as UPNP is enabled on your router all you need to do is enable this in the DVR or NVR menu for the port forwarding to be automatically be applied on router.