apollos

BEST POSITION FOR CLASSROOM CAMERA

Hi All,

Pls what is the best position (front, back or sides) for classroom IP cameras in which one intends to monitor teacher and students? Also what is the appropriate height for the camera?

All contributions welcomed.

Im imagining a standard size room with 20 desks. I would put camera back corner from door. Hang from ceiling, the more height you get, the easier see everything.

depends on what type of camera you are going to use and also what type of the lens you have on your camera then you can decide which position is good please visit www.solutionanalyzer.com for further advise

1)Do you want to see the teachers face ,the blackboard and the back of the students heads or all the students faces ?

It may be more important to install the camera with the classroom windows behind the camera illuminating the field of view .

If the light coming in from the classroom windows is going directly into the camera(strong backlighting) ,you may loose alot of detail like facial recognition .generally in this situation you get a strong silhouette.

This can be addressed with various cam settings but why fight with it .

I would suggest the window side of the classroom in either the front or back corner depending on the answer to my question1

Also look for a lens that has a 90° field of view if you put it in the front or back corner .usually around a 2.8mm but it varies .

On 1/11/2017 at 11:28 PM, apollos said:

Hi All,

Pls what is the best position (front, back or sides) for classroom IP cameras in which one intends to monitor teacher and students? Also what is the appropriate height for the camera?

All contributions welcomed.

When it comes to positioning IP cameras in a classroom, there are a few factors to consider. The goal is to find a position that allows you to monitor both the teacher and students, while also respecting privacy and creating a safe and comfortable learning environment.

1. Position the cameras at the front of the classroom: Placing the camera at the front of the classroom allows you to capture a clear view of both the teacher and the students. This is particularly important for monitoring activities like lectures, discussions, and group work.

2. Avoid placing cameras directly behind students: While it may be tempting to place cameras at the back of the classroom to capture a wider view, this can be intrusive and make students uncomfortable. Instead, position cameras in a way that captures the overall view of the classroom without focusing too much on individual students.

3. Consider placing cameras on the sides: Depending on the layout of the classroom, you may find that placing cameras on the sides provides a better view of both the teacher and students. This can be particularly useful if the classroom is wide or if there are multiple sections that need to be monitored.

By the way, now it seems that new models have appeared and those do not require a special installation. I mean you can install them as you see fit. Actually I don't know how legal and fair this would be, because I think it would violate civil rights, because as a law student not long ago I did writing with the help of https://studydriver.com/civil-rights/ and I understood that actually people have a lot of rights, considering our case we could say that the schoolchildren and the teacher would have to give consent to this so I don't even know what to say about monitoring the schoolchildren and the teacher, this could be illegal and you could be sued.