Baldymon

Multiple IP Cameras over PowerLine Adapters

Hi, I think this is in the right location for the discussion.

I have a Swann NVR (7400) with 8 IP (POE) Ports and I want to mount cameras away from the NVR and have them powered by POE.

So, I am thinking that I could use a POE splitter to remove the POE coming from the NVR port #1 and cable into a PowerLine Adapter. On the camera end, use a standard power supply and POE injector to power the camera over POE (along with the data via the powerline adapter).

This seems simple enough and many articles on the internet state this should be OK to do.

However, I would like to use powerline adapters for each of the cameras (up to 8 off) without the NVR getting confused as to which camera is on which port or without the bandwidth of each camera being compromised. Can I use the above configuration for each camera (yes, a powerline adaptor pair for each camera) without the camera1 powerline adaptors seeing / interfering with any of the other camera powerline adapters? Any idea on which powerline adapters to use and if any, how they can be configured.

I would like to understand this before going out and purchasing adaptors that may or may not meet the requirement.

Thanks

That looks like such a bad idea... If you are not going to use POE at all on the NVR, use a NVR without POE ports. Configure the IPs on the cameras manually, add them on the NVR, etc.

OK, Thanks for the quick reply.

The NVR came as part of a kit and there was no choice not to use this NVR. I agree, not the best use of POE, but that is not really the question.

I had thought about manually configuring the IP and using my network router / switch, but this meant that all cameras were logging to the NVR over the single network port that is normally used for streaming to mobile devices. Something I didn't want to do. Also it means network cabling around the property, something I would like to avoid.

Cheers

I have a similar situation in that I have multiple IP cameras that I wish to use over Powerline Adapters.

I have a Swann SONVR 87090 which comes with 16 channels, 8 of which are POE (which I am not using); as well as 6 x Swann 835 3MP cameras (which I am using non-POE on the non-POE ports).

Connecting the cams via Powerline adapters, and then connecting another Powerline adapter to the router; the router only seems to recognise one camera at a time. It also appears that in the router advanced setting page, the router is only picking up one IP address from installed cameras, despite the fact that I have tested 3 IP cameras via Powerline adapters.

If I test the cameras independently, they all provide an image via their Powerline adapter. Test them together, I only receive an image from 1 camera, and eventually, I lose a signal.

Does anybody have any idea why the three cameras I am testing don't all send footage at the same time?

Hi all power lines have a IP address so you need to change each one and give it there own if using multiple

IP address will be on power line .... enter that into your browser ( when both are paired) and set different IP address for each pair and give them a name as well so easier to find on your network