mikehende

Need a door cam for my front door

Hello guys, I need only one video cam for my front door. I don't need it for mobile use on my smartphone, just a simple one camera which I can put over my front door and if it can be hidden even better. I need one which will be connected to my pc monitor, wireless would be best of course but if need to be wired then I can do do, any referalls please?

I just installed the Ring Pro Doorbell.

This thing is awesome. It has motion detect and doorbell alerts. If I walk up to my front door from my truck I get a notification on my phone before I even make it to the door.

You can setup a cloud account to store the video.

I have a extensive camera system and this was a great addition to my security.

The reason why I am looking into a hidden or disguised camera guys is because the bad guys tend to do things which will prevent them from being recognized. Case in point, friend of mine, his house was burglarized a 2nd time last year even after installing a camera system over the door. The thieves obviously saw the camera over the door, bent their heads, they had on hoodies and did their thing so no way to recognize their faces.

The pro isn't much bigger than a regular door bell button.

They are already on camera before they even know it.

I can take a picture of mine and post it.

You wouldn't know it's a camera.

Thanks but no need to take a pic as I can see it on the net, looking at it again yes, anyone can see the camera which is located on top of the doorbell.