araduk

Cctv conversation

Hi I would like to convert a cctv camera to a duct camera I am using a cheap 9 inch monitor, and will be soldering the red black and yellow wires to a 3 pin female plug with a 12v 1a power supply, I will be using a dome cctv camera by opening the camera and cutting the wires and connecting red wires together same with the black, yellow remain, so no connectors! I brought 15 m of cctv cable which has red and yellow wire plus a bare wire, will this work if I connect relevant colours together and bare wire to the black, on the other end I will be connesting the male 3 pin plug. Thanks for your help

Short answer: yes. It will work.

Long answer: for analog signal (which is sounds as you are dealign with), pure coax is highly reccommended all the way, using BNC connectors with every joint.

Every time you go outside of coax/connectors, you will expose your signal to noise. The shorter distance, the better.

There exists coax to twisted pair converters, allowing you to use a twisted pair (cat5 works. MUST be twisted, to avoid noise), but with this project it sounds as if you don't have the room for it.

Try. If signal is acceptable to you, it's a win.

Hi I have come up with a link to show more detail I also have a concern that I may not be able to get compatible cameras, to my set up, because it appears that the analogue cameras are being phased out and I refit my own bnc cable, any help will be great http://araduk.wixsite.com/mysite