antonio123

Qvis 8 ch DVR

Hi folks,

Am new and am looking for a bit of help. I noticed the DVR is only recording for exactly 24 hours and called the maintenance company out to check. To be brief it appears to have reverted from read write to recovery mode which the engineer said he had never heard of. He formatted the drive but it is still doing the same. I have spoken to another company and they also said they had not heard of recovery mode, so before I buy a new DVR thought I would ask on here if anyone has any idea what the problem is.

Ant

Hello. It may be an opportunity to refurbish the DVR by replacing the hard drive. So long as the DVR is still working OK, of course. Did the engineer already try replacing the power adapter?

Hi ..... your engineer is not a engineer

Go to main nenu .... then system ... then ebcoder..

You will see time recording on the left

Tick top left top box next to time then enter 00.00 at top and 24.00 at bottom

Click advanced and click all

Left clock is for night setting so you don't need them so untick the box next to time on right

Hi Gadget, as the DVR is 6 years old i think it would be as well to change the whole thing rather than just the hard drive, if the power adaptor is faulty surely it would either not work at all or fail intermittently.

Tom, I agree with your sentiments, is very disappointing when you are paying and not getting the service.

i logged on earlier and the menus come up as so

then I looked at Settings

then schedule and have made sure the hours are 0000 - 2400 with the appropriate motion detect on certain channels. it was on manual but I think the guy the other day changed it to that.

The problem seems to be when I look at advanced

then HDD management

the box which says read write is populated by Recover, the other options being read/write, read only, format and the final option is recover which it will not change from

724400740_mainmenu.PNG.cfd1644408520eb0216fd433d01a7dd1.PNG

Setting.PNG.a1c132231a58a352af1054c0af5f5db3.PNG

885319698_HDDmanagement.PNG.49300aa274a59f955e7e3ee587bcf83f.PNG

Just to thank you all for your help, you have given me the confidence to have a play with the machine myself and I think the problem is now solved. After changing from manual to schedule it seems to be running fine and also the footage from when the formatting was done last week has now re appeared, so it seems to be when in manual mode it only allows access back 24 hours.

I will be using a different company for any future problems though as need someone who will attend promptly and be able to fix the problem,

I am wondering if it might be worth formatting the drive myself every few months or so to keep it running more smoothly, does this seem like a good idea?

Ant

Hi no need to format every few months ....... when it's running right you will have no problems.

I have used qvis for over 15 years with no problems.

Can you go into your system and then go to accounts page and see how many accounts are listed

I think your installer made your account but not with full admin rights. And he changed it on last visit.

Also do you have a static IP address or using a ddns account for remote view

Ticking the box next to time should of fixed your problem...... but if no full admin rights the changes would not have been done.

Also your account might only of been for last 24hrs ...... and now you can go back to footage you could not access before....... surgests your installer changed your account

We're are you based

Hi Tom,

The only account i use is the same one as the engineer, all 8's and I couldn't find a box next to time as you described but I did find this

and I changed it from manual to schedule and everything is fine since so no need to replace at the moment. It has thrown a wobble once before and needed formatting and I wonder if they had done that at the supposed service( which I wont be having again) it might have been OK. There is no remote, its all done on the DVR which hopefully will not need to be touched for months.

manual.PNG.a005e113dde1b2de988b9901754e53d6.PNG