Sign in to follow this  
tacon

Help with zmodo DVR please , cant see cameras in IE

Please help with this issue : i can log in remotely and connect to the zmodo (with wired cameras) dvr , after log in , i start to get this message : "operation failed !" in small windows for like 6 times , i can see 9 white squares instead of video , i can see and click for dvr options and settings. i have followed the info from manufacturer regarding ActiveX control settings . When i attempt to open the page for the 1st time i get a prompt to download this file : pcweb.cab . after downloading the file nothing happens . the screen gets populated very slowly from the dvr interface but still no video and those small windows with error messages. i have tried mozilla, opera,chrome browser with same results. Any help will be appreciated. notes: i can see video ok if im on the local network via internet explorer without the issues.

video port on the dvr : from the network settings menu says web port 7479, video port 7480 and mobile port 7475. when i did the port forwarding in the modem i put these numbers there as well.....

Hello. If you are using the Internet Explorer to try and view the DVR cameras, make sure that Active X controls are installed and allowed or set to ask for permission when it is less than secure to allow. If you are using any other browser, you may want to look for an extension or add-on that emulates Active X controls. Hope it helps. Alot of DVR web hosted pages need Active X controls to stream video.

I agree with the GadgetDude. Be sure to go into IE internet options/security and allow activeX controls. under

If you want try Chrome with IE tab, that is what works for me.

yep , activex control are properly set up in IE options, tried chrome ie extension and properly set up as wel. still no luck...

Pale Moon brower did not worked , do i really have to use port 8000? i used 7479 since it is what it appears on the network settings , this number cannot be changed there in the dvr but it can be changed in the port forwarding options from the modem.

Any ideas ?? the dvr is in Mexico but i dont see why cannot bee seen here in the US side.....

Sounds Ike you need an expert to do a Remote Desktop and troubleshoot this for you. My company offers this service at $75.00 per hour. Should be able to diagnose the issue and give you a free DDNS account once we get it back up and running.

Sounds Ike you need an expert to do a Remote Desktop and troubleshoot this for you. My company offers this service at $75.00 per hour. Should be able to diagnose the issue and give you a free DDNS account once we get it back up and running.

Again do not self promote....... people in the forum will do it for nothing.

And don’t trust a 3rd party DDNS

Solved !!! Went back to Mexico, added ports 8000 and 80 to the port forward list into the modem.

Returned home and tested into internet explorer without success .... bottom of page displays "error on page"

Tried Google Chrome with IE tab downloaded a few days ago , now works like a charm, Thanks to everyone of you guys for helping.