Sign in to follow this  
BiaBox

4K system w/remote (smart phone) viewing of History? Lorex?

Hello,

Looking to put a system in with around 5 cameras. preferable 4K with night vision for site security.

I'm open ended on Budget but figure I can get it done for around £2,000, $2,500 sort of money. for a pretty top end set up.

Unfortunately when I spoke to the salesman about the Lorex and Swann, he kind of turned off and said "no" you can only scan activity over the past day or week while on site. Not Remotely as the data usage to your phone makes it un-realistic.

I travel a lot and can be 100s or 1000s of miles away on any given week.

Can someone recommend a system that is similar to "nest" that sends an alert on acitivity and alows for easy access to view that activity, plus lets say the previous and post few minutes?

I imagine some sort of VPN tunnel through a router would achieve remote access? than again, not sure you can VPN tunnel with a Iphone 6?

I have some Nest Cameras in right now but tbh am dissapointed with the picture quality of non 4K.

(can't even make out faces, some times )

many Thanks!

We coming up to the Thieving season and having been hit 2 times out the past 4 Decembers... looking to get something in place.

Last year they made off with over £30Ks worth of stuff

I dont really have any insight into how to view 4k video remotely. Is this for a home? a business? Indoors? Outdoors? Is there no one else who can view the 4k video on site when you are gone?

You say that 30k worth of stuff was stolen. Keep in mind that cameras do not prevent theft (though one hopes it minimizes it). Even if you have the greatest cameras in the world capturing a theft, your stuff is still gone. Often time theives are completely covered head to toe. If you do get a face, its only beneficial if you know the person. Handing police a nameless face is pretty worthless. If you do catch them, often times your stuff is already gone (sold, pawned, traded, used up, trashed). They may go to jail, but you still dont have your stuff. My point is, if theft is a huge concern, nothing beats physical barriers. Steel, locks, bars, doors, etc. Also security systems that use lasers or body heat detecors that sound alarms when tripped.

Security cameras are wonderful for a wide variety of reasons, but they only capture what has already taken place. Your stuff is gone by the time you review the footage, no matter how detailed that footage is.

What's gone be is gone. I'm past that.

It's outdoors and in a rural area with secure gates.

By getting video that I can review remotely .

I can potentially also call the police or a neighbor in the beginnng minutes of the robbery . or I can race over myself if I'm in town. The site is close to by. I fully understand what to expect if I interrupt them

reviewing On site is not an option much of tie

Also I may want to review while abroad to make sure employees are doing what they are supposed to Also. So want 2x,4x, 10x speed to get past hours where no one is on site.

Anyway. Just need to know if a system exists that allows for the type of "remote viewing via a mobile phone"

Maybe my thought that a enterprise account with Nest or equiv service that hosts all the video in the cloud is the only option

Edited by Guest

Hi. Lorex rep gave you wrong info.... because they do.

I would say go 5mp instead of 4K

You are not Going to get 4K with remote view

Are you uk based ?

6 acres, though the barns and hardstanding is more over a 1.5 acres spanse. Just looked up PTZ cameras. definitely could see getting 1 or 2 of those plus let's say 2 static cams.

5mp sounds good enough.

We do have a 80 metre driveway to the front security gate.

would the 5 mp be good enough to zoom in with a PTZ to that gate? and also alert of any vehicles coming down the drive with an alert period of let's say 9:30 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. ?

we had evidence over the years of people coming on site at least once every year or so for past 10. Sometimes stealing stuff.. sometimes just moving a couple things around.

*strangely around 6 yrs back someone took the morning feed for 9 horses and put that feed in all the stables for the horses to eat. Of course they got the wrong set feeds into the wrong Stables..

but still it was sort of worrying that someone was on site. * outside of course to the 5 authorized users

With this new system, many of the concerns and worries will be addressed.

*also. we have high speed wifi here and I can run hard wire (Cat6) cable to all the needed cams. I've already thought about design overlap in event someone goes to cut the lines. i.e. at least one cam would catch the image of that "cut"

Based on all the info.. can you recommend a model I should be looking at across the Lorex, Swann lines??

OK.. PTZ starts to get expensive. I could see getting one for a key area that faces the front gate. Figure 2 mp?

not saying I'll get this one, but just starting research

https://www.use-ip.co.uk/samsung-snp-l6233.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAoqXQBRA8EiwAIIOWsmzL8QRZGNLzFMyJCjiCScT6YLB6iOF3ooRpCNtyeIun6ilA-3FlyBoCzlsQAvD_BwE

or https://www.use-ip.co.uk/samsung-snp-3120vh-sun-shield-12x-h-264-network-ptz-dome-camera.html

Hi. Please stay away from Samsung over priced and one of your requirements was for good remote viewing which Samsung is not good at doing

Plus for that price you can have 3 hikvision PTZ

Also the size of your yard you will be better with a hybrid dvr which is a mix of cameras tvi cvi ip ahd

Ip cable distance is 100m cvi tvi ahd is over 1000m

Where are you located and I will send a link