Sign in to follow this  
jusolson

viewing hikvision on other apps

Hello everybody, in my house I've got two NVR's, one is a Hikvision NVR with a camera on the house, and another NVR ( a dahua setup) that is installed in the house, but cameras are streamed in from about a 1/2 mile away (work) Anyway I've got both systems running fine, I can remote view each of them, however I need to use a separate app for each NVR. Seems the Dahua one only works with gdmss hd Lite, and the hikvision was setup using the ivms 4500 app. I'd like to be able to just have both devices setup in one app, the gdmss lite, but I can not for the life of me understand why it won't work. when setting up a device I put in all the same IP address, ports, ect.. as it is in the Ivms 4000 app, but I get a time out failure. Only thing I can think of is that under my port forwarding, the https port (4443) will not open when I check it with canyousee.org I've opened it just like all the others in my router, but not sure why this one won't open. Does that even matter? well Thanks if anybody has any insight.

Justin

Hello everybody, in my house I've got two NVR's, one is a Hikvision NVR with a camera on the house, and another NVR ( a dahua setup) that is installed in the house, but cameras are streamed in from about a 1/2 mile away (work) Anyway I've got both systems running fine, I can remote view each of them, however I need to use a separate app for each NVR. Seems the Dahua one only works with gdmss hd Lite, and the hikvision was setup using the ivms 4500 app. I'd like to be able to just have both devices setup in one app, the gdmss lite, but I can not for the life of me understand why it won't work. when setting up a device I put in all the same IP address, ports, ect.. as it is in the Ivms 4000 app, but I get a time out failure. Only thing I can think of is that under my port forwarding, the https port (4443) will not open when I check it with canyousee.org I've opened it just like all the others in my router, but not sure why this one won't open. Does that even matter? well Thanks if anybody has any insight.

Justin

What method are you using for remote viewing DDNS, static ip etc. If you use P2P you won't need to do port forwarding. If you are doing port forwarding you would need to assign 2 different ip addresses and forward to 2 different ports.

You can not use a Hikvision device with DMSS, and you can not use a Dahua device with iVMS-4500.

You will need to use a third party program to be able to watch them both from the same app.