Sign in to follow this  
libram

Anyone got any ideas as to what this is?

I dont want to get involved in this arguement (discussion) except to say one thing. Tom is correct in saying when running video over a UTP cable via baluns you should only use ONE pair. CMR characteristics are destroyed if you use more than one pair and I would be surprised if you got any picture at all

spec sheet confirmed balun uses 1 pair for video, 2 for power, and 1 for data..... ( I'm thinking thats serial for menu control since it works)

spec sheet confirmed balun uses 1 pair for video, 2 for power, and 1 for data..... ( I'm thinking thats serial for menu control since it works)

Can I ask what you have the data connected too if it’s using menu

data pairs aren't directly connected to anything that I am aware of (except each end of the balun) the menu does work however.

Power supply confirmed as 25 amp and all cable is 24 awg none longer than 100 meters.

dvr ->balun>cable-> balun -> cam but the menu works.. the setting in the dvr for ptz control is 9600 8-n-1 using HDCVI protocol.

Hi. Did you install this system ..... 2 pages of posts with wrong information

Why are you now talking ptz data and why are the protocols set ? Protocols should be set to none

Unless you are using PTZs

Can you list cam model and recorder model

no I didn't install it, I got stuck with fixing it after the installer trashed it, not one of the 16 cams was operating correctly, wires were spliced, multiple grounds, multiple cable types, it was a total mess. The salvageable cat 5 runs that did not go to the exterior were reused and reterminated, all of the baluns were replaced, anything that went to the exterior was rerun using exterior grade cable. Anything inside that had a splice or damage was replace with new homerun. The cameras were tried one by one and the ones that worked correctly were salvaged. All were CVI. any cameras that were malfunctioning on a test monitor or had damage and couldn't be focused were replaced with Sony chipset cameras. All cams were verified to be CVI. The original dvr unit had power issues and would constantly reboot, it was replaced by a flir MPX series. Cameras were condensed from 2 large multi channel power supplies and 8 single channel ones to the single 25 amp that was onsite to eliminate multiple grounded power sources. Power supply was then removed from the UPS to eliminate square wave problems. As it sits the DVR works perfectly. 15 of the 16 cams now work perfectly. This last one, shows the weird interference. Not when it changes to IR, not when any other camera changes to IR, not at a specific recurring time. It is set to color only mode right now and shows the interference, at the time listed as sunrise via google, the interference will stop and the picture will be as clear as an tv program. At the time listed as sunset tomorrow night, the cam while still in color mode will pixelate slightly and then the lines will appear again. As evidenced in the video they will band upward increasing in speed, slow then stop, then they begin to band downward increasing in speed then slow and stop. This continues to repeat. Also I know you don't want to hear it, but even using hosted IP phones and not traditional analog lines or digital stations off a phone system they still hear the radio station in the handsets of their telephones and require RFI filters on every one of them. This is per their hosted telco provider, not me.

As to why I mentioned the PTZ setting that's is what is in the config under PTZ, the PTZ tab is what is used in the dvr menu to access the OSD of the camera and it does work, you had asked about the data pairs and I was trying to give a complete answer.

Had I installed it, I wouldn't be so out of ideas as to ask for the help I needed online as I would have the manufacturer working with me with all of their cameras, and their dvr. I would have much preferred that but I've been trying to help a small business that got screwed over by a shady guy and not ask them for more money.

If you would like to see the footage as it changes at sunrise and sunset I can download it and post.