Sign in to follow this  
SB1!

Help re cabling of POE connections

Hi there. I need some help please. I have an Annke four camera POE system. One of the cameras stopped working. This was because the pins on the cat5e male plug and the contacts in the cat5e female socket corroded due to water getting into the plastic housing that covers the connection. I had assumed that I could just cut the plug and socket off and the coloured wires inside would match so that I could just connect them and securely tape them individually.

However, when I cut the female cat5e socket off the camera the wires are different colours. Also there are six wires from the camera (inside the white plastic sheathing) and eight wires (four pairs) of wires in the cat5e cable.

Can someone please tell me which camera wires I connect to which cat5e wires? I do not want to buy a new camera as there is nothing wrong with it. I want to be able to fix this myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

SB1

Hi. It might be better if you carefully take the rj45 connectors apart on one of your other cameras...... you will get it right first time then

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_5_cable

You have only 2 standards a and B

here is the link and it shows the pic of both, one of those is the correct way.

These are the only 2 ways that they do the cabling.

If ya cant get it figured out then just cut both ends off and do them both as A then your OK.

This is still no help....... This is just about rj45 termination and colour code will not help on what is coming out of camera

for IP Camera, Cat5e connection please use T568-B .

@vincent wicare expert on Dahua and Hikvison Product, if you need more detail information , feel free to let me know

Again he is asking for camera pin out not not Ethernet method

So your not that much of an expert

And your not much good at reading rules either.... don’t spam

This is still no help....... This is just about rj45 termination and colour code will not help on what is coming out of camera

My apologies, I went back this time fully awake and realized ya need the setup for the camera, not the cabling.