Sign in to follow this  
gatwickajmes

Help and advise needed for cctv mobile van

Good morning all,

I hold a SIA DS and CCTV public space badges in the UK and looking to convert a old van into a mobile CCTV van for the events coming up that a security company.

The van im looking to buy is a old welfare one, so has leisure batteries and wiring and inverter installed.

Now i have a hikvision Poe system at home that i find easy to use and would like the same sort of thing in a van.

I worked out would need min 6 cameras.

One above drivers windscreen

one each side of van in middle

one center of back of van

one inside the control room

one on a mast.

Now a simple poe is easy to a recorder. and to power i would need a inverter.

I have seen some masts about from £1200-£2200 , any one know is this is right or better options?

How would a good way in the van to burn any images from the dvr/nvr ?

Now with the new GDPR law coming in may 2018, would i be covered with my name/company on side of van with the cctv recording stickers and some sort of folder saying any recorded images are kept for 30 days and then over written?

any feedback and ideas ?

thanks

james

ALso can a admin or mod fix my silly mistake, should be gatwickjames not gatwickajmes

Hi. First don’t use hikvision for this application

You need cameras that will do more than just surveillance for this type of application.

If your going to rent yourself out you need to have the most upto date system.

Car number plate check is also a option you should do which is now cheap to do in the uk. And will get you more work than just a cctv van.

Now with the new GDPR law coming in may 2018, would i be covered with my name/company on side of van with the cctv recording stickers and some sort of folder saying any recorded images are kept for 30 days and then over written?

Yes your going to be covered and you would also get paid for it

I would work with 4 cameras ..... back and front of van and two ptz on your mast ...... you need hight at events so cameras on van will not do much.

As well as batteries I would look at the silent range of Honda generators. Will also give you the power for lights if doing night work.

Type of mast yes in the uk they are expensive so I would look at ordering one from America and go manual and not powered .... again this will leave you batteries to do the surveillance job and not use power when setting up

What is your budget.

83EAE7A4-BBE2-4EA3-88E7-E2E59ADF13F3.thumb.jpeg.53d6a194a39e97dc4fde617c6e3d7642.jpeg

I have been looking at this type of system and one thought was going with a heavy enough mast so you could put, along with a PTZ camera possibly LED lights or network access points. Generator seems like a must. If you get a long assigmentt you do not want to have to run the truck engine to charge batteries. I would also consider an enclosed trailer.

Don't forget to pack the drone.

thanks for the replies guys

why do you think hikvison is not good for this?

the van im looking at are ex welfare ones, so have power, water, microwave and even a loo

the idea of 4 cameras looks good and as you said masts are costly.

i would like ones i can easy put up in 30 secs by a motor/compressor as some times you need to be a quick as you can to get recordings

the pump ones yes are cheap, but i wonder how much of a pain if pump and down all the time.

what camera system TOMCCTV would you go for?

van cameras, maybe 2k max for 4 cameras and dvr/nvr and storage and 1 or 2 monitors, but as we know 21 inch lcd tv or pc screen are cheap

seen anpr cameras from £200-£350

the mast i looked at as well was

http://totalmastsolutions.com/cctv-poles-security-and-video-surveillance-masts/

why do you think hikvison is not good for this?

Hi. Your going to be charging for a security service ....... but only recording .

You need to do more than just a recorder and a few cameras.

this van is mostly for recording and anything i can do with that ( like to sleep in back when on other work )

most of it will just be parked up as i will be doing security work under my ds. That could be patrols, searching people or other things

so ideally a van to record while im away and can come back to if need be.

I liked the idea you had of the 2 masts, maybe a ptz to auto patrol