SaturnR

Neighbor aiming camera directly into my backyard

Hi. Since he has admitted to being able to see into your bedroom then that is enough for you to have your local court house order him to move it.

voyeurism Law US code 1801

To keep him happy only go for removal of the camera

You could

1 Close the curtain/shade on the window.

2 Mount a cheap ir light by the window pointing at the camera. This should blind the camera at night. The light can not be seen by the naked eye except for a dull red glow at the lightsource itself.

Here is one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOBOVISIN-CCTV-Array-IR-illuminator-infrared-lamp-6pcs-ArrayLed-IR-Light-Outdoor-Waterproof-for-CCTV-Camera/32570855226.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.AKduxC

3 Talk to him about moving the camera.

1. I could board up the window too.

2. Thanks for the idea.

3. Reread my post. I spoke to him and expressed my displeasure with the location and was told that he won't peek in the bedroom.

1. I would imagine anyone with any hope of privacy in a major city would at least close the shade at night with a female in the room. Boarding up the window, when pulling the shade will accomplish the same thing would be foolish.

2. You are welcome.

3. Talk to him again and tell him you WILL pursue legal action. Egging a car is no reason to be peeping into a neighbors window.

I would also think anyone who owned a home .... would like to OWN there home

Boarding up windows ..... who in there right mind would do that to there home. Turning home into a windowless box.

Guy has admitted to being able to see into the bed room...... so he is already watching...... even the guy admitting it is a problem in it's self

• Like 1

I would also think anyone who owned a home .... would like to OWN there home

Boarding up windows ..... who in there right mind would do that to there home. Turning home into a windowless box.

Guy has admitted to being able to see into the bed room...... so he is already watching...... even the guy admitting it is a problem in it's self

Boarding the window was just a bad joke on my part.

The guy is a witless wonder and would deny in court that he ever said that he could see in the window.

The police in the city consider "quality of life" things a very low priority because of all of the violence these days. Murders, rapes, robberies, hit & runs and burglaries keep them very busy. Not as bad in my section of the city as others but getting there.

Of course the shades are closed at night but it's still creepy. I just need to legally disrupt the camera and am trying to glean all of the information that I can.

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

Problem solved!

The daughter bought the same style camera with WiFi and her new boyfriend put up a pole made out of 1 3/4" plastic pipe. He mounted the camera to treated wood and attached it to the pole and placed it right next to the neighbor's camera but in my yard. Now she can't see his camera from the window and she has a great view of his rear patio. Haven't heard a peep from him yet.

Nothing illegal and nobody got hurt!

• Like 1

I'm sure that neighbor has good reason to have cameras up. Maybe he has had serious theft, tresspassing and vandalism. Or plain simple the same reason you have cameras...to keep an eye on your property and if anything happens he can kind of tell whom did the acts.

How do you know that his cameras are pointed in your direction? The cameras can be looking at other places too.

Afterall you failed to have a privacy fence?

Which country and state are you in?

Now you leveled the playing field buddy, you said you had cameras..aren't you guilty of invading his space too?

You should be an adult and have a chat with this guy nicely. Now his grievence is just with you or other people? Put up some nice PTZs, catch him in the act of vandalism.

There's always one idiot isn't there. Since you tried to completely ignore the plight and also make a complete fool of yourself, I bet your one of those.....and you know what I'm talking about. Low life loser.