tondar

Any other way to install webrec.cab??

Well we have tested the unsigned version on latest IE and Windows 8 too... Works, but needs to pay attention.

HTML5 requires special compression, encoding in a format that is not natively supported by the hardware

Strange. I turned off the ActiveX blocking, turned security down all the way, added as a safe site, and only 1 out of 6 machines accepted the change permanently. But now I don't have to worry, I have it installed permanently for now.

Re the HTML5 - True I should have thought of that. I tend to get a little ahead of trends. I realize that would be pretty difficult for an OEM to already be fully supporting something so new.

Any thoughts on getting other browsers to not try using the Quicktime plugin? I did some research to try to get VLC and other mp4 players to grab the MIME type, but never figured it out. For some odd reason, for the 3 systems I have running that I try to connect to with Chrome/FF - Quicktime rarely works. Kind of gets stuck in a [logo] dot dot dot dot trying to load screen and doesn't come up. I'd love it if I could get a different player to embed and take care of it.

QT is only for cameras (as in input devices), not for NVRs (as in decoding/playback devices).

QT uses RTSP which is rather buggy.... You might have a beta firmware, too

Latest firmwares solves the RTSP bug..,

QT is only for cameras (as in input devices), not for NVRs (as in decoding/playback devices).

QT uses RTSP which is rather buggy.... You might have a beta firmware, too

Latest firmwares solves the RTSP bug..,

I have the latest firmware on the QC448 DVR and what shipped with my QC804 NVR (Q-See said there was no new update yet).

I am not accessing the cameras directly, only via web browser direct to the DVR and NVR. So in Firefox and Chrome, it wants to use Quicktime, which results in no video streaming.

I tried several tips and tricks on the web to try to direct chrome and firefox to VLC. But couldn't get any results. Including changing control panel -> programs -> default programs -> set associations .rtp and .rtsp (and several other streaming types) to point from quicktime to VLC.

Works in IE of course, but as I reported before since IE10.x, the webrec.cab is causing the browser to crash now and then. Worked fine before. I sure hope webrec.cab plugin is getting a complete upgrade for all the models at some point. It sure has its problems (and would be nice if it was signed too).

Aaron, Rory hasn't posted here in a long time. I'm not sure why he left but you can most likely get in touch with him on his own site if you want. I don't know if he got hit with the ban hammer or left on his own. PM me if you want.

Aaron, Rory hasn't posted here in a long time. I'm not sure why he left but you can most likely get in touch with him on his own site if you want. I don't know if he got hit with the ban hammer or left on his own. PM me if you want.
Oh boy, I came into this thread searching for troubles with the Active X control and never even looked at the post date! Thank you. I PM'ed you.

The above link does not seem to work anymore. Does anyone have an updated link for this file? or any legitimate source for webrec.cab?

Also any way to access the DVR web interface via Firefox or Chrome?

Thank you.

WayBack Machine to the rescue!

http://web.archive.org/web/20140713134600/http://slfarms.us/misc/WebrecForqsee.zip

If you would like to change the way Internet Explorer handles ActiveX controls, do the following:

Open Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Security tab, click the Custom level button.

Scroll down the Security Settings list until you see ActiveX controls and plug-ins.

For Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.

Scroll down to Download signed ActiveX controls and click Enable or Prompt.

Scroll down to Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins and click Enable or Prompt.

Scroll down to Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting and click Enable or Prompt.

Click OK, and then click OK again.